- 1 to 8
- 20300 feet or 6189 meter
- Very Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Peak Clim & Basecamp Trek
From Dingboche village on the way to Everest Base Camp, we can see the dome peak of a mountain towards North east direction called Island Peak. Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo is an adventure that offers a chance to experience Himalaya from very close.
Normally the South-East Flank and the South-West Ridge are the major routes for ascending Island peak. The base camp is usually located at Pareshaya Gyab (5,087m), between Imja Tse and Imja Glacier, the glacier of Island peak. What’s special about Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo trek is that; you will be able to see some mountains, like Lhotse, really close, and catch a view of eight thousanders like Mt. Makalu.
Route Variation of Island peak climbing with EBC Gokyo
Island peak is in the middle of everest himalaya range near everest base camp. Because of location of this famous peak of Everest region, there are plenty of choice for island peak climbing with EBC Gokyo valley trekking package.
Trekking starts with 2 options – either overland or from air, there are 2 options to begin the trek.
When trek starts there are plenty of routes to follow for Island peak climbing with EBC GOkyo. You can either trek clockwise from Gokyo lake side and acclimatize before you get to the base camp of Island peak. This options is recommended and it is our itinerary.
Reason for recommendation is because this itinerary helps in proper acclimatization for trekkers before they climb. Please check below for our recommended itinerary.
Apart from the option suggested – there are few other routes which a climber can choose from. You can climb island peak at the first and then trek to everest base camp and conclude the trek at Gokyo lakes.
Island peak Summit View
In Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo trek you will get to enjoy the beautiful and scenic mountain range of Khumbu with lots of mountains like Barunste, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kangtega, Pokalde and lots of others.
Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo summit is also used as a training course for Mount Everest expedition. Due to its climatic and environmental similarity to Everest, most mountaineers climb Island peak before they go for the Roof of the World, the mighty Everest.
For Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo trek we have a core team consisting of a climbing guide, trekking guide and kitchen staff. Our guides are experienced Himalaya guides, trained to function in all conditions. Your safety is our number one priority, and if you have any questions or concerns you are encouraged to discuss with your guides.
Climbing & Trekking Difficulty
Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo lake trek is a strenuous activity and for a successful summit, you need to be in very good physical and mental condition. Previous high altitude trekking experience is recommended, and previous technical mountain climbing skills are an advantage.
But our itinerary for this combo package of Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo trek is designed in such a way that a trekker will be acclimatized properly before getting to the footsteps of Island peak.
Island peak climb is none other than an ice climb and long trek to EBC and Gokyo before climb, t acclimatize your body to climb easily. Our trained and experienced guide will give you the best for the success of Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo.
Your Himalayan mountain adventure waits! We are committed to make your climbing experience unforgettable. Please contact for further details on cost itinerary and information on Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo.
Island Peak Climbing with EBC Gokyo Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu and our representative will assist you to your hotel. Tonight or very morning you will be briefed about Island Peak Climbing by your guide.
- Day 2 – Domestic flight Kathmandu – Lukla and trek to Phakding for 3 hours.
- Day 3: Phakding – Namche bazaar, overnight at guesthouse in Namchhe.
- Day 4 – Namche bazaar Acclimatization and explore Khumjung village
- Day 5 – Namche to Dole Village
- Day 6 – Dole to Gokyo Lake
- Day 7 – Explore Gokyo lakes & rest
- Day 8 – Climb Gokyo Ri for sunrise and trek from Gokyo to Tahngnak village
- Day 9: Thangnak to Zongla – trek over the Chola pass 5416 meter/ 17656 feet
- Day 10 – Trek to Thukla Village
- Day 11 – Thukla to Everest Base camp & sleep at Gorakshep
- Day 12 – Hike uphill Kalapatthar for magnificent view of sunrise over Mount Everest and overnight at Chhukung Village
- Day 13 – Chhukung village to Island peak High camp, overnight camping at High camp
- Day 14 – Climb up from island peak high camp to summit of Island peak and descend back to Chhukung village
- Day 15 – Trek back to Namche bazaar
- Day 16 – Trek back from Namche bazaar to Lukla
- Day 17 – Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Day 18 – Depart Home
Island Peak climbing is a most climbed peak in route of Everest base camp trek. Because of the location this peak is often climbed with Everest base camp trek or Everest 3 high pass trek.
At 20300 feet or 6189 meter above the sea level, isaland peak is not hard peak climbing but surely a technical peak, indeed.
Major things to see in Island Peak Climb with EBC Gokyo Trek
- Short and scenic flight to Lukla airport, Lukla as short airstrip on the lap of the Khumbu Himalaya range with beautiful snowcapped mountains already on arrival
- Milk like color of Dudhkoshi river and walk along the river valley during Island Peak Climb with EBC gokyo trek till Namche
- Tallest bridge at Larche Dovan, view of Everest from Durbin Danda through the trees and Namche bazar in a pristine location and Shape of Namche Bazar, Geographically
- Star hotel in Everest - Hotel Everest view, Sagarmatha national park museum and the panorama of the mountain seen on the day trek from Namche to Gokyo valley
- Narrow valley of Gokyo with reproaching view of Mt Cho yu; backyard view of Thanmsherku and Kangtega
- Rhododendron forest and colorful hills in tree line zone and zenith of no tree line zone touching the sky with the beauty of the mountains
- Lakes of Gokyo in the cascade pattern - there are 6 lakes of Gokyo and we will sleep by the 3rd lake at Gokyo village before climbing to the summit of Gokyo ri 5360 meters above the sea level. From the summit of Gokyo ri we can see thousands of mountains and best view of Mount Everest.
- Walk across the Nagzumba glacier and atop of khumbu and chhumbu glacier.
- Close look of Khumbu ice fall, hillary step and south col of Everest.
- Climb to the summit of Kalapatthar for sunrise and top of Chhukung ri for the sunset view with the contrast of the mountains
- Everest base camp on foot
- Summit of Island peak with stunning view of Mt makalu (5th highest mountain of world), Mt Amadablam, Mt Baruntse, mt Lotse (4th highest mountain of the world) and hundreds of other mountains and river valley.
- Cultural, traditional and religious insights of Everest base camp trek in the village of Khumjung, Khunde, Tengboche monastery, Pangboche monastery and Namche bazar to Lukla village.