- Private Car
- In Person
- English+Any upon request
Bungamati is a Newar town on a spur of land overlooking the Bagmati River, leading to the modern Kathmandu valley. This village is one of the most sacred places of the Newari community where it is believed is the birthplace of the deity Rato Machhindranath. Festival of Rato Machhindranaath also called Rato Macchindra nath Jatra is observed, till today. The festival starts from the village of Bungati.
Bungmati Khokana Day tour Itinerary
After a visit to Bungmati our tour guide will lead you to the small settlement, “Khokana village”. Khokana, a traditional with small newari village is about 8 kilometers south of Kathmandu and mainly known for the production of rich mustard oil since ancient time.
Timeline Bungmati Khokana day Tour for the Day tour
- 10:30am-11:00am drive to Bhungmati village
- 11:00am-11:30am see the Rato Macchendranath shrine
- 11:30am-12:00pm explore Newari art and glimpse the locals’ everyday life
- 12:00pm-1:30pm enjoy personal time to roam around the Bungmati village
- 1:30pm-2:30pm head to Khokana village
- 2:30 – 4:00 Pm Khokana Day toour – Visit to a temple
- 4:00 – 4:30 PM Drive to you hotel
A beautiful view of mustard fields, unique architecture, the temple of Goddess Rudrayani worshipped as the manifestation of Goddess Durga and the mother goddess of the town, music, newari food and its culture – all that worth a visit to this special place. If you are lucky to be there in August, you will be part of Khokana’ Jatra, Sikhali Jatra festival and dance with the whole village.
Let Nepalgram to take you back time on this journey
Bungmati Khokana Day tour Overview
Bungmati & Khokana are 2 different Villages whose existence dates back centuries ago. These tour destinations are regarded as living museum of culture, tradition and artifacts of Nepal.
Do you love village tour? Are you interested in anthropological exploration? This is a best suitable tour for your day stay in Kathmandu, for this time in Nepal Visit.
Bungmati Khokana Tour Highlights
- Old village of Newar with historical story from 14th century
- Mythical story about chicken and Humans from your guide
- Many temples of both Hindu and Buddhist
- Chwok and stone taps with historical story
- Village inside kathmandu valley
- Art and architecture of the village
- Local food & traditions