- 1 to 8
- 5100 meter / 16728 feet
- Hotel-Tea House
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- High Pass Trek
Relatively a small high pass of 5105m “Ganja lapass” connects Langtang Valley and Helambu trekking region. Ganja La Pass trekking is suitable for those people who are seeking for thrill and adventure trekking. If you love adventure and off the beaten part of the mountains, Ganja La Pass Trek can be a good choice for your Nepal trekking. Ganja La Pass trekking connects to the historic village called Tarke Ghyang. This place is famous as Sherpa settlement. Sherpa here are same tribes of Sherpa, as from Everest region. And their history written from centuries ago reminds of Tibetan people on this local village of Langtang. Another interesting village of Ganja La Pass Trek route is Tarke Ghyang village. This village has a Buddhist temple built many years ago in Tibetan architect. This Monastery is believed to be built by Tibetan Lama.
Beauty of the Trek
Langtang Valley with Ganja La Pass Trek reflects a clear history of relation between Nepali cultures with Tibetan and relates life of people with each-other.
Apart from the cultural part, we can explore all the Himalayan range of both Helambu region as well as Langtang region. As Ganja la pass trekking route passes along Langtang valley trekking trail, 360 degree view of Himalaya can be witnessed even before the pass. View point like Tshergu ri or Kyanjing village has complete panoramic view of the mountain. This trekking follows the trekking trail all along the Langtang river valley before crossing over the Ganja La pass. So, most of the mountains of Langtang region of Nepal are seen. Mt Langtang Lirun, Mt Dorje Lakpa, Mt Yubra are some of the mountain which can be seen from the region. However, from the top of the pass, we can see mountains from Everest region & few mountains from Manaslu region.
Below is the suggested cost and itinerary for Langtang valley with Ganja la pass trek. This can be customized on your need.
High pass of Langtang region offers an adventure to trek across the mountain range of Langtang, walking just below Ganja la peak. Trekking over Ganja la pass includes some wild moments and explores adventurous mountain beauty of the region.
Trekking to Langtang with ganja la pass can be a complete adventures in the region – connection both Langtang as well as Helambu region.
Major Attraction of Ganja La Pass Trek in Langtang
- Challenging trail with a little bit of ice climbing and snow walking
- High pass of 5105m - “Ganja lapass”
- Historic village "Tarke Ghyang"
- Buddhist temple in Tibetan Architecture
- Excursion of culture and tradition influenced by Tibetian Community
- Panoramic views of the Himalayas from "Tshergu ri" or "Kyanjing village" view-point
- Majestic views of Mt Langtang Lirun, Mt Dorje Lakpa, Mt Yubra
- Mountains from Everest region and some mountains from Manaslu region are also seen from top of 'larkey pass'
- Remote wilderness
- Sightseeing of UNESCO world heritage sites inside Kathmandu Valley