During the hike, you will also witness the wide snow – capped mountains such as Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Mount Dorje Lakpa, Nayakang peak and ridge of Annapurna ranges along with the panoramic views of more than 100’s mountains.
The trail will also offer you to enter inside Langtang National park and indulge the wildlife, birds and butterflies of Langtang National Park. Besides this, you will be walking through the Rhododendron forest and you will also be offered to witness the chortens and gumbas in the trail.
Reaching to Kyanjin Gompa and witnessing the panoramic view of mountains is one of the major attractions of Tamang heritage hike. Langtang Lirung is the tallest mountain which will be closer to you in this hike standing at an elevation of 7205 meters.
What to expect in Tamang Heritage Hike?
We have categorized this hike as specially self – guided trip. So, guide is available only through satellite phone where he will be giving all the necessary information about the routes and any queries you want to know. But, if you desired to hire porter then Nepalgram Adventure can make an arrangement of porter for you. The accommodation facilities are also arranged by our company during the hike.
Beside this, this hike is mainly known for village hike and mainly focused on exploration of culture and tradition of local village along with the eye – catchy view of numerous wide mountain ranges.
NOTE: If you want the guide along with you to complete this hike then. Click this or Contact us.
Are you looking for other trips than Tamang Heritage Hike ?
Nepalgram Adventure can help you with the filter below. Select the right destination and activity of your interest to find the best trip to Nepal.
Itinerary of Tamang Heritage Hike
The 1st day of your hike starts with scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrunbesi. On the 2nd day, 6 hours of hike from Syabrunbesi will take you to Gatlang. During this hike you will be walking through different terrain of land along with the exploration of Village.
The 3rd day of your hike will take you to Tatopani. Tatopani means the hot water in Nepali where it is belief that bathing in the Hotspring of Tatopani cure the skin diseases. The 4th day of your hike will take you to the Thuman Village. Walking around 7 hours from Tatopani you will reach to Thuman village.
On the 5th day of your hike, you will be walking through the trail from where you can see the snow – capped mountains ranges and reach to Briddim village. The 6th day of your hike will take you to Lama Hotel in around 7 hours.
The 7th day of your hike will be towards to Langtang village where you will be walking by the side of river and inside the jungle along with the exploration of local herbs and wildlife.
The 8th day of your hike will take you to famous Kyanjin Gompa. During the hike you will be offered to see Manes and Chortens along with crossing the suspension bridge. After reaching to Kyanjing Gompa you will be offered to see the panoramic views of mountains. The 9th day of your hike will take you back to Lama Hotel in around 7 hours.
On the 10th day, you will be walking through jungle along with scenic sight of honey hive and reach to Syabrunbesi. The 11th day is the last day of your hike where you will be driving back from Syabrunbesi to Kathmandu
- Day 1 – Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1550 meters); 8 hours
- Day 2 – Hike from Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2200 meters); 5-6 hours
- Day 3 – Hike from Gatlang to Tatopani (2600 meters); 6-7 hours
- Day 4 – Hike from Tatopani to Thuman (2400 meters); 6-7 hours
- Day 5 – Hike from Thuman to Briddim (2345 meters); 6-7 hours
- Day 6 – Hike from Briddim to Lama Hotel (2470 meters); 6-7 hours
- Day 7 – Hike from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3430 meters); 6 hours
- Day 8 – Hike from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3870 meters); 4 hours
- Day 9 – Hike from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2470 meters); 5-7 hours
- Day 10 – Hike from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (1550 meters). 5 hours
- Day 11 – Drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (1380 meters); 8hours
More destination from Nepal
Explore Nepal with us – to the deep in those nook and corners of Nepal Himalaya. Suggestions other than Tamang heritage Hike.
Major Attraction To See During Tamang Heritage Hike
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrunbesi and Vice – Versa
- Exploration of local Villages
- Exploration of culture, tradition and lifestyles of local community
- Exploration of wildlife, birds and butterflies of Langtang National Park
- Hotspring at Tatopani
- Homestay experience
- Crossing through suspension bridges
- Explore Manes, chortens and Gumbas
- Explore local monastery
- Panoramic view of snow – capped mountains