- Touris Bus/Jeep-Car
- 4610 meter/15121 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Lake Trek
Langtang Circuit Trek also called Gosaikunda Pass trek is a perfect combination of culture, nature, and mountaineering and off the beaten destination in comparison to APC or MC. Complete range of the Himalaya with 360 degree panorama view is major attraction of Langtang circuit trek.
In Langtang region this part of Langtang trekking trail is less explored area. Among the famous circuit of Nepal like Annapurna Circuit and Manaslu Circuit, Langtang Circuit Trekking is easier and comparatively spectacular.
Langtang Circuit trail is a destination less crowded trek in Nepal where facility for trekker is sufficient. Langtang circuit trek is comparatively easy circuit trekking in Nepal, leading to the most panoramic Himalaya range of Langtang with perfect combination of Nepali cultural villages and natural Nepal.
Nature & wildlife
Langtang circuit trek passes through Langtang national Park established in 1976 AD is most attractive destination for trekker to have sight of endangered animals like red panda and Snow Leopard. After Earthquake of 2015 endangered red Panda has not been seen that often but this region is a special area for the study of Pandas.
Till the year 1971 AD Langtang region was famous as Red panda and Snow Leopard conservation area. Apart from those endangered animal Langtang Circuit trekking offers sight of; Musk deer, Leopard Cat, Barking deer, Wild Boar, Ghoral, Clouded Leopard, Himalayan Brown Bear, 350 species of Birds and numerous flora.
View of the Trek
During Langtang circuit trekking we climb (click in this link if you want to know more about kyanjing ri or Tsergu Ri) Kyanjin Ri or Tsergu Ri, from the top of either of them; complete 360 degree of panoramic mountain can be screened at once. This is side trip in Langtang trek is one of the ideal phases of the trekking to Langtang valley.
Apart from the panoramic Himalaya, Nepali people are well-coming and charming, same in Langtang Neap.
Most of the people living in this part of Nepal are Tibetan influenced Nepali, their life style is different from Sherpa of other part (like Everest base camp) of Nepal. People here has history of their ancestor from 14th century, this could be a matter of interest for anthropologist.
It is believed that, Guru Rimpoche took Langtang route to travel to Tibet from Nepal (while he used to meditate in the ASHUR CAVE of Pharping).
One of the romantic adventures of this trekking is crossing of Laurebinayak pass to get to Gosainkunda Lake. Some says Laurebinayak as Gosainkunda pass as well. Gosainkunda pass is at the altitude of 4440 meters is not a hard pass in Nepal, easy pace of walking over the pass will make Langtang circuit trek an easy pass trekking in Nepal.
Below is the suggested itinerary for Langtang Circuit trek which can be customized if your holiday does not fit.
Langtang Circuit Trek Outline Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (1380m)
- Day 2 – Guided Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
- Day 3 – Drive Kathmandu – SyabruBensi (1450m); 4-8 hours
- Day 4 – Trekking from SyabruBensi – Lama Hotel (2480m)
- Day 5 – Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3540m); 6 hours
- Day 6 – Trek from Langtang to KyanjinGompa (3900m); 4 hours
- Day 7 – Acclimatization, Rest and hiking day
- Day 8 – Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2480m); 7 hours
- Day 9 – From Lama Hotel to ThuloSyabru (2200m); 6 hours
- Day 10 – Syabru village to Singh Gompa (3584m)
- Day 11 – Singh Gomba to Gosainkund Lake (4381m); 6 hours
- Day 12 – Gosaikunda village to Phedi, after passing SuryaKunda Pass (4610); 6 hours
- Day 13 – Hiking from Phedi to Tharepati(3690m); 5 hours
- Day 14 – Trek from Tharepati to Kutumsang(2470m)
- Day 15 – Trekking from Kutumsang to Chisapani(2165m)
- Day 16 – Trek to Sundarijal (1460m) from Chisapani and drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 17 – Our vehicle will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport for onward destination.
Cost of Langtang Circuit Trek – Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||2025||1060||590|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Circuit trekking in Langtang region has wide exploration of culture, people and the nature inside Langtang national park. From Jungle trekking to mountain closeness – you can get versatile experience in this trek.
Numerous lakes, Monasteris and the jungle of this Himalaya trekking is luring 15 days hike in Langtnag.
Major attractions of Langtang Circuit Trek
- Kathmandu city tour with local guide
- Entire range of Langtang mountain range from the pass
- Mt Sishapangma 8027 meters; 14th highest
- Gosainkunda Lake (4381m)
- Village walk
- Langtnag valley and Kyanjing Gonpa
- Jungle trekking
- Yak and Yak shed
- Kyanjing Ri or Tsergu ri climb