5555 meter/18110 feet
Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
Everest three high passes trek is one of the best challenging trekking activity including mount Everesr basecamp. The view of the mountains and visit to the glacier or glacial lakes is amazing.
Three passes are Kongma La pass, Chola pass and Renjo La pass. The highest altitude of everest base camp 3 passes trek is 5555 meter / 18110 feet above the sea level. This is height of kalapatthar, however.
In the 3 passes trek map, 1st pass-kongma la is highest in altitude with 5550 meters above the sea level.
The three passes trek is best because of its location in Everest region. 3 passes trek itinerary includes Everest base camp tour. After crossing Kong ma la pass trekking takes us to Everest Base camp at first & after passing the 2nd pass of Chola– trekkers will get to the famous Gokyo valley to see cascade pattern of 6 lakes of Gokyo.
If kongma la pass is tough among everest 3 passes, which one is easiest? Renjo la pass, is considered as an easy pass, as Yak cross the pass with supplies.
Apart from the great passes, other iconic landmarks such as Gokyo Ri, Kalapatthar and Everest Base Camp, are included in our itinerary.
What to Expect?
During the trek the close views of Mt. Amadablam, Pumori, Cholatse, Khumbutse, Khangtega, Labuche, Baruntse, Taboche and many other mountains will take your breath away. Be prepared for the excitement.
We will also discover some major 8 thousander mountains along the way, such as Mt Everest (8848m), Makalu (8463m) Lhotse (8516m) and Cho Oyo (8201m).
For a mountain lover, this is as close to a paradise as it gets; a never ending range of world’s highest mountains reaching for the sky.
To start the Everest Three High passes trek we will fly to Lukla, which is the gateway to the great trail of the Everest region. Some villages along the trail, like Dingboche (a cluster of houses set among the high summer grazing pastures of the region) and Ghorakshep (village at the highest altitude in the world), and the Gokyo Valley (valley of hidden lakes) will add their unique charm to the overall experience.
Complete Everest 3 high passes trek route is inside the Sagarmatha National park. Three passes of Everest are in a chain from highest altitude to lowest.
However, the view from individual top of all 3 passes, in our itinerary, is in, increasing order to inspire our clients to finish all 3 passes in their dream trip to Nepal. With saying that, Renjo la pass is beautiful among all.
Apart from the beauty from the top, three passes trek itinerary covers entire Everest base camp region.
Everest three passes trek itinerary takes you to the Monastery of Tengboche, village of Thame and beautiful lakes of Gokyo. Also, Everest base camp itself, Gkyo ri view point, Kalapatthar climb are major attractions of Everest three high pass trek.
Who can do?
Everest base camp three passes is one of the challenging treks in Everest, since we pass high altitude of 5555 meter during our trekking in this beautiful, panoramic region; where all 3 high passes are above 5300 meters from the sea level.
We start our trekking after flight to Lukla at 2800 meters and the trail follows Everest base camp and 3 high passes; this indicates the adventure in this trekking. Since this is a famous base camp trekking to tallest Mount Everest, we can organize as per your need and requirement, please feel free to contact us for further changes in the suggested Everest 3 passes trek itinerary.
We recommend this high passes trek for adventurous trekkers who are looking to get really close to the mountains and challenge themselves. The Everest three high passes trek combines the possibility to walk on snow (even in the spring), walk in a dense jungle and trek at high altitudes.
Your safety is our priority and our professional staff is happy to attend any questions or concerns you may have about high altitude trekking. Please contact us for further information about this trek!
Outline itinerary for Everest three pass trek
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu airport (1380m).
- Day 2 – Kathmandu city tour; full day
- Day 3 – Fly from Kathmandu airport to Lukla (Tenzing Hillary Airport) (2810m), followed by a short and easy trek to Phakding (2610m). – 25 minutes flight to lukla – 3 hours walk to Phakding
- Day 4 – Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m). – 8-9 hours of trekking
- Day 5 – Acclimatization day at Namche and visit surrounding village Khunde, Khumjung Everest view hotel and back to Namche
- Day 6 – Trek from Namche to Tengboche (3790m) – 6-7 hours of trekking
- Day 7 – Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4350m); 6 hours
- Day 8 – Trek to Chuukung (4760m) – 4 to 5 hours of trekking
- Day 9 – Cross one of the pass today, Kongmala pass (5535m) step towards Lobuche (4925m). – 8 to 9 hours of trekking
- Day 10 – Trek to Ghorekshep (5180m) and walk up to Everest Base camp (5364m) and get back to Gorekshep. – 9 to 10 hours
- Day 11 – Early morning hike up to Kalapather for sunrise then trek to Dzonglha (4830m).
- Day 12 – Today cross the second pass, Chola pass (5420m) then trek down to Thagnag (4695m). – 8 to 10 hours of trekking
- Day 13 – Trek to Gokyo (4800m) and visit fifth lake in Gokyo and back to Gokyo or take half day rest in-front of Third Lake (Gokyo village by the side of third lake). – 7 to 8 hours of trek in total
- Day 14 – Today we cross the third pass, Renjo la pass down to Lungden (4350m) – 8 to 9 hours of trekking
- Day 15 – Trek to Hidden Thame village (3840m) visit Thame monastery. – 4 to 5 hours of trekking in total
- Day 16 – Trek back to Namche bazaar. – 5 to 6 hours of trekking
- Day 17 – Trek downhill from Namche to Lukla. – 9 to 10 hours of trekking
- Day 18 – Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Usually flight from Namche is in early morning. Overnight at your hotel in Bhaktapur. – 25 minutes of flight
- Day 19 – After breakfast Visit historic Bhaktapur Durbar squire & afternoon last minute shopping in your own. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Day 20 – Drive to TIA airport for your final departure.
Cost of Everest three high passes trek – Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||2815||1660||1135|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
People opted for a challenge to see the beauty of nature can assign for Everest 3 high pass trek. Everest base camp is visited after passing through first challenge over Kongma la pass. Chola pass takes you to the beautiful Gokyo valley with numerous glacial lakes in Everest. Whereas the 3rd pass – renjo la has stunning view from the summit and takes us to the village where Tenzing Norgey was born. Tenjing was first summiter of Everest with Edmund.
Everest 3 high passes are not just a challenge but summons every inch of beauty that exists in the Everest region.
Completing the Everest Three high passes trek will make your heart proud with the sense of accomplishment of trekking at high altitude and to be able to witness the true beauty of all of Everest Himalaya. Most of everest basecamp trail will get covered in 3 pass Treking With Everest basecamp.
During this long trek you will cross through Khangma-La Pass (5550m), Chola-La pass (5368m), and Renjo-La pass (5338m).
Physical challenge is auto accepted, since all of these passes are situated over 5 thousand meters above the sea level.
Things to see in Everest three high pass trek
- 3 passes above 5000 meters (Kongma La pass, Chola pass and Renjo La pass)
- EBC on your foot
- Elliptical shape of Namche Bazzar on second day
- Sagarmatha National Park Museum for nature, history, culture and mountains of the region
- Scenic mountain Flight by the side of towering mountains
- Sacred monastery (namely Tengboche, Pangboche, Thame and Namche Monasteries)
- Attending regular ceremony at Tengboche Monastery
- Closer look of Khumbu Ice fall from very near
- Walk on Glacier (namely Khumbu glacier, Chumbu Glacier, Nagjumba Glacier)
- Small passes like Thukla Pass & the 100s’ of Memorials including Rob hall and Scott Fischer and numerous other
- Acclimatization hikes at Namche to Everest view hotel (a star hotel in Everest) & Khumjung and Khunde villages
- Acclimatization hike to Chhukung ri near Island peak, before the first pass Kongmala
- Bird Eye view of EBC, thousands of mountains and khumbu glacier from the top of Kalapatthar and all the passes tops.