1 to 8
6119 m /2000 ft
Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
Peak Climb with Everest basecamp Trek
The peak is named after the Lobuche village at 4950m, which is also one of the Everest Base Camp trek destinations. Every trekker doing EBC trek see this peak once they get on top of Thukla pass, the memorial place for climbers perished in the mountains. From Thukla pass you can see Pheriche and the beautiful river valley ending at the bottom of the amazing mountain range of Amadablam, Thamsherku, Cholatse and many others.
On the other side you will see the surrounding mountains of Everest herself, but Lobuche peak is right in front of you, the one with less snow; the very top is with snow. Location of Lobuche peak climbing is perfect: right before Khumbu glacier and the Everest base camp, enabling a magnificent view of Everest from the top. This adventure is a perfect combination of Everest Base Camp trekking and stunning Lobuche Peak climbing.
Difficulty of Lobuche peak climb after EBC
Previous high altitude trekking experience, for example a successful Everest base camp trek completion, along with preparation to cold temperatures, will certainly help you to get to the top. Climbing above base camp is steep, which makes the climbing both challenging and interesting. If you are planning to climb Lobuche peak, make sure you are fit, both mentally and physically.
General knowledge about climbing, harness, and knots is appreciated but not compulsory. The climbing guide will take all the safety measures and let you know each and every step during the climb. Lobuche peak climbing starts after hiking to Everest base camp and after summiting Kalapatthar 5545 meters. This allows us proper acclimatization, before climbing Lobuche peak.
We start trekking from Lukla after a short and scenic flight from Kathmandu. Following the main trekking route we walk to Everest base camp and after base camp split from the main crowd at Lobuche village. From Lobuche we head towards Lobuche peak base camp, from where Everest base camp trekkers head back to Pangboche.
We get to the High camp of Lobuche by when they will reach Namche, but the day they trek the long way back to Lukla we will hit the top early in the morning for another great view of Everest Himalaya range. After summiting, we descend to Thukla for a joyful celebration of success and head back towards Lukla the following day.
This itinerary is designed to properly acclimatize our clients before attempting the summit of Lobuche peak. Lobuche Peak Climbing is not a trekking peak like Mera peak, therefore a good level of fitness and stamina are required to summit.
Detailed itinerary for Lobuche Peak climbing
- Day 1 – Fly from Katmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding for 3 hours.
- Day 2: Phakding – Namche bazaar, tonight at guesthouse in Namche.
- Day 3 – Day trip to Everest view hotel and Khumjung or Khunde village, night at Namche Bazzar.
- Day 4 – Trekking from Namche bazaar to Tengboche monastery
- Day 5 – Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche village (4360m); 5 hours
- Day 6 – Acclimatization hike to Nangkarsang peak 5100 meters and exploration day at Dingboche (4360m), tonight at Dingboche.
- Day 7: Trek Dingboche – Lobuche
- Day 8: Lobuche – Everest base camp and back to the Gorak shep for night stay.
- Day 9: Hike uphill Kalapatthar for magnificent view of EVEREST and overnight at Lobuche
- Day 10 – Climb up to High Camp, overnight at high camp 5650m
- Day 11 – High Camp to Summit and back to Thukla 4600 meters
- Day 12 – Trek back from Thukla to Namche Bazar
- Day 13 – Trek back from Namche bazaar to Lukla
- Day 14 – Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Lobuche peak is the one which is right in-front of Mount Everest – that is why this peak is best location to witness the perfect view of Everest and the surrounding. Khumbu glacier, base camp and the river valley of Pheriche looks awesome from the summit of Lobuche peak.
If you want to climb a technical peak at 6119 m / 2000 ft while trekking to Everest base camp – Lobuche peak climb after Everest base camp trek will surely reward your climb.
Lobuche Peak climbs after EBC Trek Highlights
- Everest summit in front of you - from the top of Lobuche peak
- Everest base camp itself
- Khumbu icefall and khumbu glacier
- Namche Bazar
- Sagarmatha National park Museum
- Tengboche monastery and evening prayer at the monastery
- Sunrise and sunset at Mt Nuptse from Lobuche
- Bird-eye view of khumbu Himalaya range from the top of Kalapatthar