- 1 to 8
- 6474 meter / 21235 feet
- Camping Tent-Teahouse-Hotel
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Easy Climbing
Due to the long trek in high altitude and lower oxygen levels, Mera Peak climbing is a challenge that requires stamina and endurance more than technical peak climbing skills. But the effort is definitely worth it: the breath-taking scenery of Everest, Makalu, Lotse and many other peaks of the region in the magical light of sunrise is a sight you will never forget. Mera peak climbing is a great adventure, making your dream of peak climbing in the Himalayas a reality!
Mera is designated as trekking peak by the Nepal Mountaineering Association. The climbing part to summit is technically moderate and previous peak climbing skills and experience are not needed. However, it is recommended to have some previous experience in high-altitude trekking before taking on this trek.
In Nepalgram your security is our number one priority, and you are always encouraged to discuss any issues and concerns with your guide. Our team is professional, well qualified and well-equipped for all situations and conditions during trekking, and during and after summiting. Our climbing guides are experienced in recognizing and treating AMS symptoms, performing first aid and handling emergency situations.
Itinerary overview for Mera Peak Climbing
Starting from Lukla, the trek follows a main trekking trail of Everest region; it does not follow the Everest Base Camp Trail. Mera Peak reaches 6474 meters above sea level, but due to the changes in the ice-cap for environmental reasons, the height of the peak is different in the Northern, Central and Southern summits. Mera is a scenic summit from where you can see an incredible panoramic view of Everest, Makalu, Lotse and many other named and unnamed mountains of the Everest region. Nepalgram Mera peak climbing itinerary starts and end at Lukla airport.
There are many options for Mera peak climbing as the Mera peak base camp is accessible from 3 different routes. Chhetra la entry point or sibuche village route of Mera peak can be differentiated as per your level of physical stamina and experience. Our itinerary goes from Pangom village as entry and follows dense forest of Chhetra Khola before exit from Chhetra la to Lukla.
Climbing a Himalayan peak is a once in a lifetime adventure for you, so we have designed our itinerary for Mera peak in such a way that we can adjust it according to the environmental conditions if needed, to reduce risks and increase the summit success rate. Please consider to reserve a few buffer days before your flight back home in case of delayed return from the trek due to weather conditions etc.
Please check below our suggestion for your Mera Peak climbing itinerary, customization as per your need.
If you have any questions, please contact us for further information.
Famous Trekking peak whose summit will take you to the highest altitude in an easy way, Mera peak is the best peak climbing to See Mount Everest. From the summit of mera peak you can see Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, mt Makalu, Mt Choyu and infinite range of Nepal Himalaya. Mera peak is not in the Everest basecamp region; because of this trekking route to the basecamp of Mera peak is stunning and more like an off the beaten trekking trail.
Trekking to Mera peak is not a big deal – it is just about walking longer hours and how good will you adjust in the high altitude.
Mera Peak climbing Trek Highlights:
- Highest altitude of 6475meters above sea level without technical climbing
- Mera peak is a trekking peak in Nepal with view of mount Everest and 4 other mountains above 8000 meters
- Ski-able peak in Nepal, You can top up ski from the summit of Mera peak - if interest
- Local monastery in local villages like Pangom and Sibuche
- View of thousands of peaks form the tops of Mera peak
- jungle walking, a dense jungle -dense jungle trekking with glacial lakes in route to the base camp of Mera peak
- Off the beaten trekking trail and villages
- Camping at the camps before climbing to Mera - an expedition experience
- Nice and friendly people in the route to Khare
- Trekking in less crowded region of Everest & Makalu barun national park
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla - flying by the side of the snow peak mountains
- Wilderness of the region with like-minded people.
- Top of Mera with altitude higher than 6474 meters or 21235 feet easily achieved with trekking experience