1 to 8
5587 meter/18325 feet
Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
As it can be done in short amount of time, Mardi himal peak climbing can be beneficial to those climbers who have busy schedule.
Trip provides an opportunity to explore local village culture, tradition, their languages and hospitable society along with the wide mountain ranges. During the trek; you can see the exceptional views of wide mountain ranges such as Mount Annapurna, Mount Annapurna South, Mount Hiunchuli, Mount Machhapuchhre and Mount Mardi. You can explore the local animals, birds, flowers.
Beauty of the trip
Animals such as Yak, musk deer, Sheep, Rhododendron (Rhododendron is the National flower of Nepal), Pheasant (Himalayan Pheasant is the national bird of Nepal) etc. and less-crowd during the trekking trip can be another interesting factor to attract to summit of mardi.
We suggest the mountain climber that, they should have the basic knowledge of climbing and the use of climbing equipment; which leads to better bonding with the climbing guide and ultimately supports for the easiness while climbing.
This is how our peak climbing in Nepal is highly successful with our extra special Sherpas and advanced peak climbers. As Mardi himal is by the side of a holy mountain, you will have great view of Annapurna range and the valley by Pokhara city.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing difficulty
Mardi peak 5587 meter/18325 feet is not a hard peak climbing. Less explored region of Nepal, away from the eye of climbers this peak will be fun more, thrill less.
Most of the climb is ice climbing and there is rarely a vertical climb in route to the summit of mardi peak. Low altitude climb is easy but the view is stunning from the summit. Because of the location of this peak, you can see contrast of valley and the mountains at once.
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Outline itinerary
- Day 1 – Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara a tourist bus (approximately 9 hours)
- Day 2 – Drive and Trek from Pokhara to Odane hill (2515m) approximately 6 hours
- Day 3 – Trek from Odane Hill to Khumai (3245m) around 7 hours
- Day 4 – Trek from Khumai to Khorchon(3682m) around 6 hours
- Day 5 – Trek from Khorchon to Mardi base Camp (4120m) around 6 hours
- Day 6 – Trek from Mardi Base Camp to High Camp (4650m) around 4 hours
- Day 7 – Summit Mardi Himal (5587m) and return to Base Camp (around 8 hours)
- Day 8 – Reserve day for unpredicted condition
- Day 9 – Trek down from Mardi Base Camp to Kumai (3048m) around 5 hours.
- Day 10 – Trek down from Kumai to Ghachok (1067m) around 8 hours
- Day 11 – Trek down from Ghachok to Pokhara (850m) around 5 hours.
- Day 12 – Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (around 9 hours)
Mardi Himal Teahouse trekking was discovered just in 2012, saying that this peak climbing is one of the least visited route in Nepal Himalaya. Lies in Annapurna region – Mardi himal peak climbing has best view of Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri range in distance and the valley towards Pokhara.
Do you have short vacation? or you have interest to discover less explored region? Mardi can be a best choice. Your home to home trip will get completed in 12 days.
Major things to see in Mardi Himal Peak Climbing
- Off the beaten trekking trail experience in Annapurna Himalaya of Nepal
- New peak with easy access to the summit of Mardi Himal peak
- Summit view of Pokhara valley on one side and Annapurna Himalaya range scenery on the other side
- Sighting of yak shed and drink Yak milk in a short trip to summit of 5k peak in Nepal
- Close view of Mt Fishtail. Mount Fishtail is a holy mountain of Nepal, in Annapurna Himalaya region. Government of Nepal do not issue permit to climb this peak.
- Jungle trekking experiences with thrill on mardi himal climb.
- View of Mt fishtail, mt Annapurna (I, II, III, IV, V), Mt lamjung, mt Annapourna south, mt Dhaulagiri and entire range of Dhaulagiri.
- Trekking along the village with less tourist and more local activities than other trekking trails of Nepal.