- Toursit Bus-Car
- 1 to 8
- 3660m/11811 ft
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Jungle Hike
Khopra danda top used to be a yak farm spot in the history. As yak sheds used to migrate from one place ot another place in search of food, khopra danda used to be a spring shed for yaks. But now you rarely see yak on the trail. But as a trending trekking route of Annapurna, you will explore the nature, mountain & beautiful landscape of Valley.
A dense jungle trekking destination Khopra is also famous for its location, very close to the Annapurna range. Trekking route is inside the forest, that means chance of exploring varieties of flora and fauna in route is diverse. Khayer lake of Khopra Danda trekking is one of the major attractions. Khayer Lake is far from Khopra danda & takes a day hike.
Looking forward to Khopra Danda Trekking
Treking route has outstanding view of Mountains from Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna range. Khopra danda trek is distinguished from Poonhill trek for few reasons as below:
- Khopra is a new trekking route of Annapurna, Poon hill is old famous
- Poonhill is considered easy trek but Khopra Danda trek is not hard but also not easy – a moderate trek
- More than 50% of trek is jungle trekking for Khopra danda trek whereas less than 30% of trekking route of Poon hill is inside the jungle
- Accommodation of Poonhill trek is better than Khopra trek
- Khopra danda trek has closer to mountains than Poon hill
- Altitude of Poonhill trek is 500 meter lower than poon hill
Khopra ridge trekking trail takes trekkers to the solitude and peace, away from the crowded paths of Annapurna base camp /(Annapurna circuit) & Ghorepani Ghandruk trail. Khopra trail takes you to the peace after separating from the main trail at Tadapani, Tadapani is the junction point of Ghorepani Poonhill trekking trail and the massive Annapurna trekking trail.
Fewer people, closer view of the mountain range, more peaceful, lush green jungle & beauty of nature are the attractions of this emerging trekking trail. Hikers will enjoy the nature, wildlife and Geo-diversity of this trek. This trek is suitable for those who enjoy a quieter trail and who are OK with basic accommodation. Find more information from our support team.
Khopra is a new trekking destination in Annapurna conservation area. Khopra danda takes trekkers close to Annapurna mountains range and the view of Dhaulagiri is overwhelming from the hill top.
Are you looking for jungle trek? This is a perfect combination of jungle, wilderness, off the beaten trail and mountain view.
Major Attraction of Khopra Danda Trekking
- Closer view of Annapurna range & wide view of Dhaulagiri along with Annapurna range
- Peaceful trek with fewer crowds
- Rich in Nature and Wildlife inside Annapurna Conservation area
- Geo-Diversity from village to dense jungle and no tree line zone to fresh water lake sites
- Sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley with local guide
- Off the beaten trekking destination of Annapurna region
- Pokhara stay along the way to trek, pokhara is a must recommended city of Nepal
- Khayer lake of the mountains And City Lake - Phewa