1 to 8
3300 meter/10824 feet
Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
Rara Lake is one of the most famous place of interest in Nepal, whereas Jaljala is a village believed as communist ore before Maoist came into peaceful politics in 2008. Mentioning as Lake Trek as well as a village trekking; Rara lake Jaljala trekking trail is one of the less visited, new trekking destination in Nepal.
Rara Lake being accessible with bumpy road way access, many local tourists takes the tour of this largest lake of Nepal. With many interesting feature of lake, like some mentioned below, Rara lake has been one of the must go place for Nepalese. Along with Rara lake tour, Rara lake jaljala trekking package is our special itinerary for your best experience in Nepal Travel.
Interesting facts of Rara Lake:
- Rara lake changes 7 different colors in a day, everyday
- Rara lake is announced as a new & emerging tourist destination by Nepal government in 2020
- Lake is a fresh water, nature reservoir lake
- Reflection of mountain range on the lake is not different from Phewa Lake with Annapurna Mountain in it; but the nature around the lake with mountain reflection on its still water is unbeatable beauty.
- Geography of lake itself is strange and best insight of your travel
- Rara Lake is largest lake of Nepal, probably in the world
- People do boating on Rara lake
- Rara lake is inside – Rara National Park area & also conserves many flora and fauna in its wild womb
- You can sleep on the tent by the lake in the nature, however, there are hotels and home stays near the lake
- National park of Rara is conserved by Nepal Army
One of the largest lakes, Rara is situated in Nepal with 5km length and 3 km wide at the altitude of 2995m. This Rara Lake Trek is into the wilderness of Rara National park. Rara national park is smallest National park of Nepal, where Rara Lake itself is a biggest lake of Nepal.
Around the lake there are settlement of locals, during the trekking Rara Lake, we will pass through those villages. The depth of Rara Lake at around 200m gives deep blue color on sight.
Why Rara Lake?
If you are looking for non-crowded trekking in stunning Himalaya this can be your wise selection. Rara Lake is located in the remote Himalaya of Karnali in Nepal, simple but hard life and beautiful nature of the region is extraordinary.
Rara Lake Trek explores: Musk deer, Leopard cat, Ghoral, Tahr, gray wolf, Himalayan black bear, snow leopard and the rare red panda which are all native of this area. Rara Lake itself is really wide and lengthy to prove it a biggest lake.
As Rara Lake Trekking trail offers sight of 300 different types of bird species, it is regarded as one of the peaceful place for bird watching. Reflection of the surrounding mountains on the Rara Lake is another awesome picture you can screen.
Apart from the natural scenery, Rara lake trekking is combined with the culture and antique tradition of Himalayan people. Their warm well come to trekkers is another stunning practice among locals. And the reflection of the surrounding Himalaya by this deep lake is most attractive part being at Rara.
Why is Rara Lake Jaljala trekking special?
Trekking to Rara Lake alone is interesting but when trekkers get to walk along the local villages filled with charming people in their simple mountain life, makes trekking experience better without a doubt. Jaljala is a local village in our Rara Lake trekking itinerary, which is special because of the historic moment in Nepal in the history.
Rara Lake lies in the western region of Nepal, far from Capital of Nepal, during Maoist insurgency, these villages used to be under control of rebellions. That is why this trekking route is also famous as communist trekking trail of Nepal or historic war trekking trail.
Being frank with you, the trekking route does not have any proper evidence to show you residue of war time. Neither it has any museum but the story you hear from our guide will certainly give a tentative flash back to those time in these villages.
To add, even though the village is famous as war time route, Rara lake Jaljala trekking trail is naturally beautiful and local people are welcoming.
Below is the suggested itinerary for Rara Lake trekking, but this can be customized as per your necessity and requirement in Himalaya.
Rara Lake Jaljala Trekking Outline Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (1380m)
- Day 2 – Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guide in A/C car, Pre-trip meeting and official arrangement
- Day 3 – Fly to Nepalgunj.
- Day 4 – Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla airport and short hike to Uthugaon.
- Day 5 – Uthugaon to Danphe Lagna(3130m)
- Day 6 – Danphe Lagna to Chautha (2770m).
- Day 7 – Chautha to Dhotu (2380m).
- Day 8 -Dhotu to Rara lake (3040m).
- Day 9 – Rest, acclimatize, explore and relax at Rara Lake.
- Day 10 – Rara Lake to Ghorasingha (3190m).
- Day 11 – Ghorasingha to Sinja (2440m).
- Day 12 – Sinja to Jaljala (3270m).
- Day 13 – Jaljala to Jumla
- Day 14 – Fly Jumla -Nepalgunj -kathmandu.
- Day 15 – Rest at Thamel and shopping on your own or a spare day for the trek
- Day 16 – Our vehicle will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport for onward destination.
Cost of Rara Lake Jaljala Trekking– Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||2020||1075||625|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Largest lake of Nepal, Rara is famous for its interesting phenomenon of changing color with the change in time – within a day. The reflection of mountains on the blue water of this lake is miraculous.
Either helicopter tour or jeep tour to rara has been a big thing by far, but trekking to rara lake an extra mileage of exploration of this part of Nepal. Less touristy area with of the beaten trails; rara is not just scenic but also overwhelmed with beautiful people with antique culture and tradition.