Annapurna base camp trekking is a best base camp trekking in Nepal. Situate in lowest altitude of 4120 meters above the sea level, trekkers en-route can witness the wilderness of jungle, glacier and gets very close to the mountains.
If you are afraid of high altitude, Annapurna Base Camp trekking will surely help you to achieve adventure goal to get to Himalayan base camp.
2 to 7
4120 meter/13514 feet
Autumn (March to May), Spring (September to November)
Imagine walking into a jungle like in Disney world – that is, quite unexpectedly, what you can experience when trekking in the Annapurna Himalaya range. Walking into the heart of mountains, from stunningly beautiful river valleys looking at picturesque villages higher up on the green hills, is guaranteed to make your base camp trip unforgettable.
If you have a bit more time and want to explore the culture & tradition of Nepal, Annapurna basecamp trekking package is recommended. Ghorepani is the village where you can hike up to the hill station called Poonhill. From there you’ll be able to catch a magnificent panoramic view of more than 50 mountains from the Dhaulagiri Range and the Massive Annapurna Himalaya Range.
Trekking towards Annapurna basecamp from Poonhill, Chhomrong village offers a beautiful & close view of Annapurna south, Hiunchuli & Machhapuchre (also known as Fishtail).
Annapurna basecamp is also gateway to famous peak climbing summits like – Singachuli peak, Tent peak etc.
A common comment from many guests is that, at the end all the mountains are pretty similar to each other, but what makes a difference are the villages and the fairy tale forests that you walk along the ABC trail. This Annapurna base camp trek package also includes sightseeing tours of both famous scenic cities of Nepal; Kathmandu and Pokhara. Video Gallery
Best time to trek ABC
Like all other trekking destinations of Nepal, Autumn and Spring are the best season to trek to ABC. But for your information, in these months; there will hell amount of people trekking to Annapurna base camp. Autumn = sep to nov & spring = mar to may.
Apart from the best months mentioned, Annapurna base camp trail will be interesting to trek in the winter and rainy season as well.
Because of the varieties of the wild flowers all along the trekking route makes ABC trail like a heaven. In monsoon season those colorful flowers of herbs makes trail of Annapurna basecamp look like a wild garden.
In December, trekking is not as easy as in other season but the snow everywhere makes it look fantastic. Trekking on top of snow need mini spikes but scenery around will look more than just beautiful.
Why Annapurna basecamp trekking over other trekking in Nepal ?
Annapurna base camp has been a best choice from many nature lovers. Apart from trekking to Everest base camp, Annapurna base camp trekking has been a 2nd most visited base camp in Nepal. Few reason to justify, why one should visit Annapurna base camp are as below:
- Easy trekking trail in lower altitude to get tot the base camp of Nepal with close view of mountain and Annapurna glacier
- Mixed experience of culture, tradition, city, lakes, glacier, jungle, wildlife, flowers and wild insides of the towering mountains
- EBC at 5364 meter/17594 feet is not easy to trek up, but ABC at 4120 meter or 13514 feet is a easy go. It is because trekking above 3000 meter is considered hard in Nepal Himalaya, below has normally been fine.
- No flight involved as people are scared of flying in the small plane of Nepal
- No upfront training needed as trek is in the lower height
- Very close to the mountains like; Mt Annapurna I & III, Mt fishtail, Mt Annapurna South, Mt Gangapurna, Mt Gandarvachuli, Mt Singachuli, Mt Hiiuchuli and many other peaks.
- Pokhara is the gateway of this base camp that is why you will have plenty of time to see this famous city of Nepal by Phewa lake.
- Many options on transportation has made this trekking trail the best choice among tailor made trip lovers.
Outline itinerary for Annapurna Base camp Trekking -14 Days
- Day 1 – Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Day 2 – Pokhara to Hile (1500 meters); 6 hours, approx.
- Day 3 – HIle to Ghorepani (2880meters); 7 hours approx.
- Day 4 – Morning hike from Ghorepani to poonhill and trek to Tadapani; 8 hours approx.
- Day 5 – Tadapani to Chhomrong; 6 hours approx.
- Day 6 – Chhomrong to Himalaya (3100meters); 7 hours approx
- Day 7 – Himalaya to ABC; 7 hours approx
- Day 8 – ABC to Sinuwa; 8 hours approx
- Day 9 – Sinuwa to Jhinu; 5 hours approximately
- Day 10 – Jhinu to Pothana: 6 hours Approx
- Day 11 – Trek from Pothana to Phedi and drive to Pokhara in private Vehicle.
- Day 12 -Sightseeing of Pokhrara
- Day 13 – Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Day 14 – Guided Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu Cultural Heritage site.
Cost of Annapurna basecamp trekking – Nepalgram Adventure
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|18||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|19||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
We have self guided trek as well, which only includes guide service by phone.
More Description on Annapurna base camp trek
Among all the base cam trekking, from where you can see the glacier; Annapurna base camp trekking is considered as an easy destination. Trekking to Annapurna is easy because of its lower altitude. Annapurna base camp is just at height of 4120 meter or 13514 feet above the sea level.
Annapurna base camp Trekking trail if wide and regularly maintained. Most of the trails are along the villages, except in the upper part of specially managed locations. Due to recent development with the roadways going to Annapurna base camp, trekking to ABC is even easier with different options in case of emergency.
With all being stated, Annapurna base camp trek is not hard at all, but is overwhelmingly beautiful.
Attraction of Annapurna Base camp Trekking tour:
- Annapurna Base camp with view of Glacier, ice fall hanging ice, frequent avalanches
- Sunrise at Poonhill and at ABC
- Sunset seen from base camp
- Jungle walk exploring the varieties of flora and fauna
- View of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range in a very wide prospect from the summit of poonhill
- Kathmandu UNESCO world Heritage site seeing with a local guide and lots of stories
- Pokhara City Tour with Phewa lake excursion; we stay by the lake at pokhara