- 1 to 8
- 4120 meter/13514 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May), Spring (September to November)
- In Person
- Mountain Trekking
If you have a bit more time and want to explore the culture and tradition of Nepal, this trekking package is recommended. Ghorepani is the village where you can hike up to the hill station called Poonhill. From there you’ll be able to catch a magnificent panoramic view of the Dhaulagiri Range and the Massive Annapurna Himalaya Range. Also Chhomrong village offers a beautiful view of mountains like Dhaulagiri (8163meters), Annapurna (I, II, III & IV), Hiunchuli, Machhapuchre (also known as Fishtail), Tharpuchuli and many more named and unnamed peaks.
A common comment from many guests is that, at the end all the mountains are pretty similar to each other, but what makes a difference are the villages and the fairy tale forests that you see along the way. Noticeably this trek also includes sightseeing tours of both famous scenic cities of Nepal; Kathmandu and Pokhara.
ABC Trek Difficulty
Among all the base cam trekking, from where you can see the glacier; Annapurna base camp trekking is considered as an easy destination. Trekking to Annapurna is easy because of its lower altitude. Annapurna base camp is just at height of 4120 meter or 13514 feet above the sea level.
Trekking rail if wide and regularly maintained. Most of the trails are along the villages, except in the upper part of specially managed locations. Due to recent development with the roadways going to Annapurna base camp, trekking to ABC is even easier with different options in case of emergency.
With all being stated, Annapurna base camp trek is not hard at all, but is overwhelmingly beautiful.
Best time to trek Annapurna Basecamp
Like all other trekking destinations of Nepal, Autumn and Spring are the best season to trek to ABC. But for your information, in these months; there will hell amount of people trekking to Annapurna base camp. Autumn = sep to nov & spring = mar to may.
Apart from the best months mentioned, Annapurna base camp trail will be interesting to trek in the winter and rainy season as well. Why monsoon? is because of the varieties of the wild flower along the trekking route makes ABC trail as a wild garden with stunningly beautiful flowers. In December, trekking is not as easy as in other season but the snow everywhere makes all look awesome. Trekking on top of snow need mini spikes but scenery around will look more than just beautiful.
Why should one choose Annapurna base camp trek over many options in Nepal?
Annapurna base camp has been a best choice from many nature lovers from all around the world. Apart from trekking to Everest base camp, ABC has been a 2nd most visited trekking base camp in Nepal. The reason to justify, why one should visit Annapurna base camp are as below:
- Easy trekking trail to low altitude base camp of Nepal with close view of mountain and Annapurna glacier
- Mixed experience of culture, tradition, city, lakes, glacier, jungle, wildlife, flowers and wild insides of the towering mountains
- EBC at 5364 meter/17594 feet is not easy to trek up, but ABC at 4120 meter or 13514 feet is a easy go. It is because trekking above 4000 meter is considered hard in Nepal Himalaya, below has always been fine.
- No flight involved as people are scared of flying in the small plane of Nepal
- No upfront training needed as trek is in the lower height
- Very close to the mountains like; Mt Annapurna I & III, Mt fishtail, Mt Annapurna South, Mt Gangapurna, Mt Gandarvachuli, Mt Singachuli, Mt Hiiuchuli and many other peaks.
- Pokhara is the gateway of this base camp that is why you will have plenty of time to see this famous city of Nepal by Phewa lake.
- Many options on transportation has made this trekking trail the best choice among tailor made trip lovers.
Annapurna base camp trek is a best base camp trekking in Nepal. Situate in lowest altitude, trekkers can witness the wilderness of jungle, glacier and gets very close to the mountains.
If high altitude is your problem, ABC trekking will surely mitigate to achieve your adventure goal to get to Himalayan base camp.
Attraction of Annapurna Base camp Trekking tour:
- Annapurna Base camp with view of Glacier, ice fall hanging ice, frequent avalanches
- Sunrise at Poonhill and at ABC
- Sunset seen from base camp
- Jungle walk exploring the varieties of flora and fauna
- View of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range in a very wide prospect from the summit of poonhill
- Kathmandu UNESCO world Heritage site seeing with a local guide and lots of stories
- Pokhara City Tour with Phewa lake excursion; we stay by the lake at pokhara