Mardi Himal hike is a new trekking destination of Nepal. It is one of the easiest & shortest trek in Nepal. During Mardi himal base camp trek; you will be blessed to view the majestic surroundings.
The trail starts from Phedi. 45 minutes to 1 hour of hike from phedi will take you to Dhampus and further to check – point to enter inside Annapurna conservation area. After documents check at check point you will walk through lavis green jungle. During the hike to Mardi Himal you can witness the varieties of vegetation, wildlife, green landscapes and wide snow – capped mountains such as Annapurna range, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre and Mardi itself.
During the hike, you will reach to the place name ‘Badal Danda’ where you will be hiking above the clouds. The clouds seen below from ‘Badal Danda’ during the trek is absolutely mind – blowing. While hiking, you will be staying overnight at teahouse on every day to day basis.
Reaching to the high camp and viewing the sunset along Mount Machhapuchhre is one the major attraction of Mardi Himal. Early in the morning, from high camp you will be hiking towards Mardi base camp. The trail to Mardi base camp is adventure which can be lifetime experiences for the trekkers. During the hike to Mardi base camp, you can also witness the beautiful scene of the surrounding at the time of sunrise.
What to expect in Mardi Himal Hike?
Mardi Himal hike is a teahouse trek. You cannot find hotel during the Mardi Himal hike but teahouse you found over there are highly accommodate. Your accommodation and transportation during the trek is booked by Nepalgram Adventure. Nepalgram Adventure guide will assist you through satellite phone to reach to Mardi Himal.
During the hike, he/she will be answering you every related question you want to ask such as about the route, time taken, essential equipment’s, do’s and don’ts to be followed and furthermore. During the trek, you can witness the eye – catchy views of snow – capped mountain ranges.
The hikers can further expect to explore the flora and fauna, culture and tradition of local people and hospitable teahouses. If you face any difficulties while hiking to Mardi Himal then don’t forget to contact you guide. Nepalgram adventure team is ready to help you in every situation. We will find the best solution to help you because guests are god for us.
Best season for Mardi Himal Hike
Mardi Himal hike is done throughout the year but autumn (March – May) and spring season (August – October) are highly recommended to hike Mardi Himal rather than winter (November – February) and monsoon season (June – July).
Autumn and spring are highly recommended because the trekkers can find the best view of the surrounding and trail easy during these seasons. In these seasons, the weather is also not so cold where the hikers can easily adjust their body temperature according to the surrounding temperature. The trekkers can get the best view of the snow – capped mountains.
In comparison to autumn and spring, winter and monsoon are less recommended because the hikers may find the weather not so good and trail difficult. During the monsoon, the surrounding temperature is not so high but in winter season the surrounding temperature is too high. The trail can be slippery due to the rainfall in monsoon season and slippery on the trail due to snow in winter season.
But despite of being difficult, in monsoon season you can find the best view of Mardi Himal surrounding after stopping of continuous rainfall and in winter season all the surrounding will be covered with snow where it seems like heaven. The use of proper equipment’s and proper guidelines will surely lead to success to hike Mardi Himal during monsoon and winter season.
- Day 1 – Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (1400 meters)
- Day 2 – Drive from Pokhara to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100 meters) via the Australian camp and Pothana
- Day 3 – Trekking from Deurali to Low Camp via Forest Camp (3000 meters)
- Day 4 – Trekking from Low Camp to High Camp (3500 meters)
- Day 5 – Trekking from High Camp to Mardi Base Camp (4500 meters) and trek back to high camp
- Day 6 – Trekking from High Camp to Sidding
- Day 7 – Drive back to Kathmandu (1380 meters)
Major things to see during Mardi Himal Hike
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and vice – versa
- Trekking through jungle and no tree Zone
- Exploration of flora and fauna of Annapurna Conservation Area
- Exploration of culture and tradition of local people
- Exploration of landscapes and greenery surrounding
- Walking above the clouds
- View of famous Annapurna base camp trek trail
- View of snow – capped mountains such as Annapurna, Mount Hiunchuli, Mount Machhapuchhre and Mardi
- Sunrise and sunset over Mount Machhapuchhre
- Hospitable Sidding village
- Drive in private jeep from Sidding to Pokhara