Langtang Valley hike – self guided is trek to langtang valley without guide but with guide. Does that make sense? I mean, you will have virtual guide in this langtang valley trek. Thus it is called self guided trek. Just Nepalgram offers this kind of trip.
One of the famous short treks in Nepal Langtang valley is a moderate trek in Nepal. You will be able to talk with us by either NTC or NCELL telephone. We will virtually guide you for the best experience during your solo adventure inthis trail.
The panoramic 360 degree view of mountains while walking in mostly flat terrain is one of the major attractions of Langtang valley hike. Langtang Valley hike will offer you a scenic view of the snow capped mountains, glacier, forest, river and take you on a trip to explore the local culture and tradition influenced by Tibetan.
On the trail, you will share trail with local transporters of Langtang region. Yak and horses along with porters are the major transporters of Nepali Himalaya. Horses are used as the means of transportation while yak produces milk and carries supplies for the remote region.
Kyanjing is the last village
Once you reach Kyanjing village, it will surely amaze you. The big buildings of the guest house at the Kyanjing village at the altitude of 3900 meters is unbelievable. Rooftop of the hotels here gives you a very close view of the mountains. Langtang glacier is very close to Kyanjing village. There are lots of excursion sites around Kyanjing village.
The last point of Langtang Valley has access to Kyanjin RI (approx 4200 meters high) and Tsergu RI (approx 5000 meters). Trekkers can choose to go either of them, as per your choice and fitness level. If you are wondering on which one worth more, please read this comparison article.
You can climb to Kyanjin RI or Tsergu RI to witness the panoramic view of 360 degree snow-capped mountains of Langtang Region.
Side trip to any of the hill tops near Kyajing Gompa village is equally amazing.
Self Guided means Phone guided hiking
Phone guided Hiking towards Langtang valley is Nepalgram’s idea to accommodate travelers interest to safely challenge themselves. With the guidance through Satellite phone, if choose so, as per needed will make you feel accomplished and comfortable.
Nepalgram Adventure guide will be providing you the detail information about the routes and major attraction of Langtang through phone. All the details of the trip will be provided by remotely working guides.
Our guides will be at their comfort while making your adventurous trip a comfortable one.
Once you complete the Langtang valley hike, you will definitely collect unforgettable memories and life time experiences. A self guided trekking with small support of our crew will surely worth Langtang valley hike.
Are you looking for other trips than Langtang valley hike ?
Nepalgram Adventure can help you with the filter below. Select the right destination and activity of your interest to find the best trip to Nepal.
Itinerary of Langtang Valley Hike
Langtang Valley hike starts from Kathmandu. 7/8 hours’ drive from Kathmandu will drive you to Syabrunbesi. The 2nd day of your hiking trip will take you to the lama hotel. Lama hotel is in the middle of the jungle by the river.
You will be hiking by the side of the river with frequent crossing of suspension and wooden bridges before reaching Lama hotel. Hike from Lama hotel to Langtang village takes 6 hours. During today’s hike, you can witness the view of snow – capped mountains and indulge.
The 4th day of Langtang trek – you will be hiking towards Kyanjing village. The trail to Kyanjing village is mostly flat. You can witness the flora of Langtang region, chortens, and gumbas.
5th day of Langtang trek, you will climb to Kyanjing RI or Tsergu RI to can witness the eye – catchy panoramic views of mountain ranges. Tonight, hike back to Kyanjing Village and spend a memorable night, very close to the mountains.
Following the same trail, on the 6th day of Langtang valley trek; you will be trekking back to Lama hotel. Trek will take around 7 hours.
On the 7th day, you will be hiking back to Syabrubesi.
The 8th day is the final day of your hiking trip. We will take you back to Kathmandu with all the memories.
Langtang Valley hike can be combined with Gosaikunda hike too. If you want to do Langtang Gosaikunda hike, then the itinerary to be followed is;
- Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1450 meters); 6 – 8 hours
- Day 2: Hike from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480 meters); 6 hours
- Day 3: Hike from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3540 meters); 6 hours
- Day 4: Hike from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900 meters); 4 hours
- Day 5: Acclimatization Day
- Day 6: Hike from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2480 meters); 7 hours
- Day 7: Hike from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2200 meters); 5 hours
- Day 8: Hike from rom Syabru village to Singh Gompa (3584 meters); 4 hours
- Day 9: Hike from Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda Lake (4364 meters); 4 hours
- Day 10: Explore holy Lake Gosaikunda and hike down to Sing Gompa (3584 meters); 6 hours
- Day 11: Hike from Sing Gompa to Dhunche (1950 meters); 6 hours
- Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu (1380 meters); 6 – 8 hours
Similar hikes to do in Langtang Region
- Langtang Valley GanjaLa Pass Hike
- Langtang Circuit Hike
- Langtang Valley Circuit Hike
- Langtang valley trekking with Kathmandu tour – on full package basis
- Langtang valley trek only package
Outline Itinerary of Langtang Valley Hike – Self guided trekking trip
- Day 1 – Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1450m); 6/8 hours
- Day 2 – Trekking from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480m)
- Day 3 – Trekking from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3540m); 6 hours approx.
- Day 4 – Trekking from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900m); 4 hours
- Day 5 – Acclimatization Day
- Day 6 – Trekking from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2480m); 7 hours
- Day 7 – Trekking from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi; 5 hours
- Day 8 – Drive back from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (1380m)
More destination from Nepal
Explore Nepal with us – to the deep in those nook and corners of Nepal Himalaya. Suggestions other than Langtang valley hike.