Langtang Valley hike is one of the famous short trekking in Nepal and falls under moderate trek in Nepal. Moderate with respect to difficulty level.
The panoramic 360 degree view of mountains while walking in mostly flat terrain is one of the major attraction of Langtang valley hike. Langtang Valley hike will offer you adventure drive and scenic view of surrounding from the trail. It also offers you to involve or explore the local culture and tradition totally influenced by Tibetan.
To be in the Langtang valley which was hardly hit by 2015 earthquake (7.8 richter scale) and receiving greetings and good hospitality from the local people is special part of this hike. Hiking through the jungle along with melodious sound of chirping of birds will motivate you to walk and make you feel easy.
On the trail, you can also witness the local transporters of Langtang region such as Yak and horses. Horses are used as the means of transportation while yak produces milk and carry supplies for the remote region.
Kyanjing is the last village
Once you reach to Kyanjing village, it will surely amaze you. The big buildings/guest house over the Kyanjing village at the altitude of 3900 meters is unbelievable. The size of the hotels here gives you very close view of the mountains. Langtang glacier is very close from Kyanjing village. There are lots of excursion sites around Kyanjing village.
The last point of Langtang Valley will take you to Kyanjin RI (approx 4200 meters high) and Tsergu RI (approx 5000 meters) (as per your choice). You can climb to Kyanjin RI or Tsergu RI and can witness the panoramic view of wide snow-capped mountains of Langtang Region.
Side trip to any of the hill top near Kyajing Gompa village is really amazing.
Self Guided means Phone guided hiking
Phone guided Hiking towards Langtang valley with the guidance through Satellite phone as per needed will make you feel easy and comfortable.
Nepalgram Adventure guide will be providing you the detail information about the routes and major attraction of Langtang through phone. All the details of the trip will be provided by remotely working guide.
Our guides will be at their comfort while making your adventurous trip a comfortable one.
Once you complete the Langtang valley hike, you will definitely collect unforgettable memories and life time experiences. A self guided trekking with small support of our crew will surely worth Langtang valley hike.
Itinerary of Langtang Valley Hike
The initiation of Langtang Valley hike is from Kathmandu. 7/8 hours’ drive from Kathmandu will take you to Syabrunbesi. The 2nd day of your hike will take you to lama hotel. You will be hiking by the side of river and have to cross suspension bridges to reach to Lama hotel. The next day of your hike to Langtang village takes 6 hours from Lama hotel. During the hike you can witness the view of snow – capped mountains and indulge the lifestyle of Langtang village.
The 4th day you will be hiking towards Kyanjing village. The trail to Kyanjing village is mostly flat. You can witness the flora of Langtang region, chortens, and gumbas during your hike to Kyanjing. The 5th day you will be taking a short hike for around 45 minutes – 1 hour. This day you will climb to Kyanjing RI or Tsergu RI and can witness the eye – catchy panoramic views of mountains ranges and hike back to Kyanjing Village.
Following the same trail on the 6th day you will be trekking back to Lama hotel which will take around 7 hours. On the 7th day, you will be hiking back to Syabrunbesi. The 8th day or the final day of your hike will take you back to Kathmandu with all the memories.
Langtang Valley hike can be combined with Gosaikunda hike too. If you want to do Langtang Gosaikunda hike, then the itinerary to be followed is;
- Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1450 meters); 6 – 8 hours
- Day 2: Hike from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (2480 meters); 6 hours
- Day 3: Hike from Lama Hotel to Langtang (3540 meters); 6 hours
- Day 4: Hike from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3900 meters); 4 hours
- Day 5: Acclimatization Day
- Day 6: Hike from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2480 meters); 7 hours
- Day 7: Hike from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2200 meters); 5 hours
- Day 8: Hike from rom Syabru village to Singh Gompa (3584 meters); 4 hours
- Day 9: Hike from Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda Lake (4364 meters); 4 hours
- Day 10: Explore holy Lake Gosaikunda and hike down to Sing Gompa (3584 meters); 6 hours
- Day 11: Hike from Sing Gompa to Dhunche (1950 meters); 6 hours
- Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu (1380 meters); 6 – 8 hours
Similar hikes to do in Langtang Region
Highlights of Langtang valley Hike
- Scenic drive during the drive and hike
- Crossing suspension bridges
- Walking by the side of river
- Hiking through jungle
- Exploration of local culture, tradition and lifestyles
- Exploration of chortens and gumbas
- Kyanjing Gompa
- Exploration of wildlife of Langtang region
- Climb Kyanjing RI or Tsergu RI
- Panoramic view of mountains