- Minimum 02
- 5545 meter/18188 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Basecamp Trek
Trekking to Arun valley starts at the gateway of another famous moutanin of Nepal. Makalu basecamp trekking route. Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at 8,485 metres (27,838 ft).
Fun part of this EBC Arun valley trekking package is acclimatization on route & wider exploration of the trekking route. Arun valley is off the beaten trekking route whereas Everest (Khumbu Valley) is a famous trekking destination in Nepal. Saying that, a trekker doing EBC Arun valley trekking route can experience both – off the beaten trail as well as world famous trail – to get to the basecamp of Mount Everest.
We recommend the Arun Valley trek to those travelers who have already been to the Everest region at least once before. However, as a first time trekker in the region, you will have great trekking experience.
The scenery of stunning Arun valley along with the River flowing by, gives your body energy to carry on walking for multiple hours. EBC Arun Valley trekking is located East of Everest, and it is leading to Makalu Base Camp.
This less-touristic trail of the lower Everest region provides eye-catching views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kanchajunga, Mt. Barunse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Choyo, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Thamserku and many other white capped mountains. Although the view is from the distance.
Hiking on EBC Arun Valley trekking route gives you a chance to experience the wild life of Makalu-Barun National park and Sagarmatha national park in one trek.
Along this easier and less crowded trail is the inhabitant of 800 species of butterflies, over 650 species of birds, and various different species of other animals including the rare red panda. Hindu people’s holy pond called Salpa Pokhari (3414m) is another major attraction on this trail, although mostly you can see Buddhist flags and monasteries and many MANES on the way.
Culture & Nature of EBC Arun Valley Trekking
Sherpa, Rai, Tamang, Chhetri, Brahmin and Limbu are the major communities living in this region. You’ll be happy to witness their unique life style and cultural diversity as we walk through the numerous villages. Arun River is flowing between two high mountains: Mt. Makalu 8463 meters and Mt. Kanchanjunga 8586 meters. This trek is diverse in the ethnicity, vegetation, and wildlife as we walk from one national park to another. The change in the landscape from Tumlingtar to Lukla is really astonishing.
Best seasons for the Arun Valley trekking are September to December and February to May. However, if you want to experience something different and don’t have a problem waking up early in the morning, we suggest doing this trek during the off season – in the monsoon or in winter.
During the off season of monsoon the sky is mostly cloudy in the afternoons but in the mornings around 7-11 am the skies are usually clear and you’ll be able to rest your eyes on the beautiful Himalayan peaks. During the off season there are also less other trekkers and you’ll get to enjoy the peace & quietness of the mountains.
EBC Arun valley trek is a long trek that demands stamina but good thing about this trek is that – by the time you get to the Everest basecamp; you will be acclimatized properly enough to have big simile on the face.
If time is not the issue or if you are looking for the peaceful trek for private group; there is no other best option than EBC Arun valley trekking – to get to Everest basecamp with best experience.
EBC Arun Valley Trekking Outline Itinerary-20 Days
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel by our representative.
- Day 2 – Guided Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and last preparations for the Arun Valley Trek.
- Day 3 – Fly to Tumlingtar and trek to Chyawabesi .
- Day 4 – Trek from Chyawabesi to Gothe bazaar (750m).
- Day 5 – Trek from Gothe bazaar to Salpa Phedi (1680m).
- Day 6 – Trek from Salpa Phedi to Sanam (2850m).
- Day 7 – Trek from Sanam to Bung (1900m).
- Day 8 – Trek from Bung to Gai kharka (2300m).
- Day 9 – Trek from Gai kharka to Paiyan (2230m).
- Day 10 – Trek from Paiyan to Phakding (2830m).
- Day 11 – Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3480m).
- Day 12 – Trek from from Namche Bazaar to Phortse village (3890m).
- Day 13 – Trek to Dingboche (4365m).
- Day 14 – Trek to Lobuche (4910m).
- Day 15 – Trek to Gorakshep (5180m).
- Day 16 – Hike up to Kalapatthar (5545 meters) for sunrise and trek down to Pheriche or Pangboche village (4000 meters)
- Day 17 – Trek back to Namche bazaar.
- Day 18 – Trek back to Lukla (2830m).
- Day 19 – Fly Back to Kathmandu in the morning.
- Day 20 – Final Departure from Kathmandu.
If you are interested in the EBC Arun Valley trekking, please contact us for further information!
Cost of EBC Arun Valley Trek – Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||2710||1580||1090|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Trekking to Everest base camp from Arun Valley is an outstanding exploration of Nepal Himalaya. Trek goes along the village, through the dense jungle and pristine beauty of nature.
Arun Valley trek all the way to Everest basecamp is a best adventure.
Major Attractions of EBC Arun Valley Trekking
- Trail to Kalapatthar via Everest Base Camp
- Majestic views of mountains over 8000m and 7000m altitude
- Exploring wildlife of Makalu Barun National Park
- Hindu holy pond "Salpa Pokhari"
- Thukla Pass
- Buddhist monasteries and MANES on the trail
- Exploring Sherpa, Rai, Tamang, Chhetri, Brahmin and Limbu community
- Arun river between two wide mountains i.e. Mount Makalu and Mount Kanchenjunga
- Changing landscape from Tumlingtar to Lukla
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu City