- Minimum 02
- 4610 meter/15121 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- High Pass Trek
Shivapuri national park with verities of flora & fauna (once used to be spotted leopard conservation area) whereas, Langtang national park has wilderness inside the dense jungles and walks you through the territory of snow leopard. Langtang national park was a snow leopard conservation area in the very beginning of its establishment.
Helamu part of this trek has multiple villages, that is how trekkers can see the real life of the village along the trail. Anf the Langtang side of Helambu Gosaikunda Lake Trekking has numerous lakes. Famous of the Gosaikunda region Gosainkunda lake itself is another major attraction of this Helambu Gosainkunda trekking.
Gosainkunda is a holy lake where millions of Hindu and Buddhist people visit for religious reason. We pass all of these holy places, lakes with panoramic mountain view in our Helambu Gosaikunda trekking itinerary.
Helambu Gosaikunda lake trekking is a walk over the Gosaikunda pass from Helambu side. But doing so, trekkers do not trek to Langtang valley part of Langtang national park trail; as in Langtang valley Gosaikunda trek.
What to expect in Helambu Gosaikunda Lake Trekking ?
One of the stunning view points for Langtang Himalaya in the new trekking trail of Nepal; Helambu Nepal is village of Sherpa, Tamang and other cast people. Witnessing most of the Langtang Range is possible through this package; this comprises major mountains like; Mt Langtang Lirung, Mt Pemthang Ri, Mt Langshisha Ri, Mt Dorje Lakpa, and Mt Kangchenpo, Mt Tilman’s fluted peak and many other unnamed Himalays of Langtang in the 360 degree view.
If you are interested in trekking with nature & culture with stories of Holy places and lakes, this is the ideal destination. This trekking trail is easy and very not far from Kathmandu valley, so remoteness on the trekking is rarely explored. People are simple & very generous and happy. Their variation in the religion and Culture makes trekker to be amaze of Nepali people. The trekking trail goes on the side of the River, thus exploring river valley on the way is unspoken and ever running White crystalline water refresh your mind.
Langtang valley Gosaikunda trek Vs this trek
In this trek you will start trekking from Helmabu side of the trail. You will walk through the Shivapuri national park and trekking ends after exiting from Langtang national park. Whereas in LVGT package – the loop is other way around.
Apart from the national park as an attraction both of these trek has wide mountain view, which can be seen from Laurebina or Buddha temple hilltop. But in LVGT on top of the wide range seen from Laurebina – walking along the Langtang river in the Langtang Valley trekking trail adds close up to the mountains seen from the distance. Hill stations like Kyanjing ri or Tsergu ri makes trekking more appealing. In addition to the scenery Langtang Valley Gosainkunda trek is 3 days more than Helambu Gosainkunda trekking.
Helambu Gosainkunda trekking can be done from either of the sides. But trekking anticlockwise makes trekking interesting and helps you to acclimatize more.
In contrast trekking clock is regarded as spiritual as well as difficult in term of acclimatization.
You can trek first into Langtang national park and exit from Shivapuri national park as well. But this route is not recommended not only from acclimatization prospective but also from attraction hierarchy.
Outline Itinerary for Helambu Gosainkunda Trek
- Day 1 – Arrival
- Day 2 – Kathmandu city sightseeing tours with guide in A/C car; Whole day sightseeing Tour
- Day 3 – Short Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal & Trek to Chisapani (2165m); 6 hours Trekking; Helambu Gosainkunda Trekking begins
- Day 4 – Start Trek from Chisapani to Kutumsang (2470m); approx. 6 hours Trekking
- Day 5 – Trek from Kutumsang to Tharepati(3690m.); Approx 6 hours Trekking
- Day 6 – From Tharepati to Phedi (3780m); Trekking for 7 hours approx
- Day 7 – Start trekking from Phedi and Cross Lauribinayak pass (4610) then to village of Holy Lake village Gosiankunda(4365m); 7 hours approx.
- Day 8 – Explore, rest and climb day if you want to climb Surya Peak and back to Gosiankunda; half day
- Day 9 – Trek from Gosiankunda to Chandanbari(3340m); 6 hours of Trekking
- Day 10 – Trek down from Chandanbari to Dhunche(1960m); 6 hours
- Day 11 – Drive back from Dhunche to Kathmandu; 6 hours approx
- Day 12 – Rest, Shopping or it’s your day at Kathmandu, Thamel.
- Day 13 – Departure
Cost of Helambu Gosaikunda Lake Trekking – Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||1590||805||410|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Trekking along the remote village in the beginning will end up with the best view of wide mountain range and the holy lake – Gosaikunda. Helambu Gosaikunda Lake is special because of people culture and the mountains along the trekking trail.
If you are looking for a peaceful trekking route with fewer tourists but more locals – this is the place to go. Multi days trek in the village ends with wide snow horizon and best sunrise or sunset.
Major things to see in Trek
- Mere Danda & Yure Danda
- View of Kathmandu & the mountain range from Mulkharka
- Laurebinayak Pass & Gosainkunda lake
- Villages across the Helambu Gosainkunda Trekking trail
- Surya Kunda and Surya Peak
- Mt Langtang, Mt Manaslu, Mt Annapurna and Mt Everest Himalaya Range in sight