Gokyo ChoLa Pass is one of the most scenic but challenging high pass among three high passes of Everest. Everest to Gokyo via Chola Pass is the adventurous trek into the Everest region. Chola pass combines the Everest base camp with the Gokyo valley. Chola pass itself is at the elevation of 5420m.
EBC chola pass Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking trail offers the stunning views of many Himalayan peaks like Mt. Everest (8848m.), Cho you (8153m), Gyanchung Kang (7922m), Lhotse (8501m), Makalu, Amadablam, Kanchenjunga, Nuptse, Mt. Pumori and many more from Khumbu Himalaya range.
The natural beauty inside sagarmatha national park, rich and unique culture of the Sherpa inhabitants, lush forest, walking over the snow, crossing high pass provides the heavenly pleasure to the visitors/trekkers/mountaineers.
Major attraction of this trek is the Gokyo Ri view point, Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar & crossing over Nagjumba glacier on foot. Everest basecamp is at an elevation of 5364 meter whereas Kala Patthar at 5545m is the highest altitude gain in “Everest base camp chola pass Gokyo lake trekking”.
How does the trek start?
Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking start with scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla before you will start your trek from Sherpa village Chaurikharka Lukla.
Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking trail lead you through Namche Bazaar via famous villages like Thado Koshi, Phadking, Monjo, Banker and last village of Jorasalle before tallest bridge at Larche Dovan.
What to expect on chola pass trek?
Also, this Everest Gokyo Chola pass trekking will take you through delightfully settled Sherpa villages, deep valley, Himalaya River and giving experience at the world famous Sherpa culture, friendly people and their warm hospitality.
Cho La Pass adds adventure to the regular Everest Base Camp trip by letting you cross one of the high passes of the Khumbu region. Doing Cho La Pass means getting to another famous and appealing destination of Nepal – the Gokyo lakes and Gokyo ri.
Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking in the Everest region is designed for those who are looking towards one step up for Everest base camp trekking challenge. This trek will allow you to get exceptional landscape views of Mt Amadablam and Pheriche valley. Not only this, but the pass trek also takes you to the picturesque Gokyo Valley.
You get to spend a night in a beautiful Gokyo village and explore the Gokyo Lakes. There are 6 Gokyo lakes. You will also explore very famous Everest Base Camp and hike to Kala Patthar from where you can see glorious sunrise along with a 360-degree view of mountain range from the top of Kalapatthar. Cho La Pass trek provides breathtaking views of mountain panoramas and glaciers at once.
Trekking trail follows the well-known trekking path along the Dudh Koshi River to its source, the Gokyo Lake & Khumbu glacier which starts from Everest Base Camp itself.
The trip also provides many opportunities to take in the magnificent views of Mt. Everest twice, as well as countless other nearby peaks. Among 2 magnificent view of Mt everest – you can Mt Everest 10KM from kalapatthar whereas from Gokyo ri top you see almost the half of Mt Everest.
You can also visit Buddhist monasteries and shrines. Namely – Tengboche monastery, Khumjung monastery, Pangbpche monastery, Thame monastery are famous ones. Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking in Nepal as well as have the abundant flora and fauna conserved inside Sagarmathan national park.
Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking takes you over the Cho La Pass at 5416m is more than just an adventurous trek.
Tempting landscape views, huge snow-capped mountains, rushing streams, cold rivers, dense forests, fine valleys, picturesque villages, huge glaciers, stunning icefall, artistic monasteries, colorful prayer flags, ancient stupas, rich culture, and unique lifestyle of the locals, all of these makes your trek a lifetime journey and memory.
The beauty of the village surrounding by the magnificent Rhododendron, mountains, Magnolia and enormous fir forest is natural attraction of the trek.
Moreover, you might get to see rare wildlife like Himalayan tahr, musk deer, snow leopards, snow cocks, pheasants, etc. And, the most stimulating thing is story of Yeti. They are believed to be found in this region. You can see the head and hand of the legendary Yeti in one of the monasteries in the Khumjung & Pangboche village while you visit these monasteries.
To enjoy this thrilling & breathtaking adventure during Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking, taking an experienced guides and porters will be with the assurance that our knowledgeable will be shared at the best.
We try to give our great efforts at Nepalgram to ensure that all of your Nepal travel dreams come true. We look forward to aiding you in creating lifelong experiences throughout your vacation in Nepal, which can always be customized to your needs.
In a single piece, it is impossible to explain all about the location and its beauty. Explore more blogs on our website.
Highlights of Gokyo chola pass ebc trekking:
- Pass over the Cho la 5420 meters.
- Visit to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar.
- Sightseeing tours of historical UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Scenic mountain flight to and from Lukla.
- Visit Namche and Khumjung Village.
- Visit Gokyo valley, Lake and Gokyo Ri.
- View of Khumbu Ice fall.
- Experience old Buddhist monasteries, typical sherpa villages.
- Discover 6 glacial lakes in Gokyo Valley.
- Spectacular views of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri
- Blissful time walking through off the beaten trails full of lush vegetation in the Gokyo valley
- Feel adrenaline rush during the small plane flight
- Panoromic views of mountains in the everest region such as famous mt. everest, mt. lhotse, mt. cho- oyu, mt. nuptse, mt. makalu, mt. ama dablam
- Traditional sherpa villlages, sherpa people, and their uniwue culture, custom, and lifestyle
- Hike to kalapathhar for a lovely sunrise/sunset view
- A challenging journey to the chola pass of everest three high passes trekking
- Takes you deep into the sagarmatha national park and allows you to explore its geographical variations and biodiversity
- Tranquil emerald mountain lakes embedded beautifully in the snow-clad mountainous terrain in gokyo valley
Itinerary of Chola pass trekking in Everest
- Day 1 – Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 2 – Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Day 3 – Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration 3 Hours
- Day 4 – Trek to Namche (3440m/11283Ft) Duration 6 Hours
- Day 5 – Hike to Everest View Hotel Day (3,865m/12,670ft) Duration: 3 Hours
- Day 6 – Trek to Tengboche (3860m/12680ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 7 – Trek to Dingboche (4410m/14464ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 8 – Hike to Nangkarsnyang peak (5,100m/16,728ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 9 – Trek to Lobuche (4,910m /16,728ft) Duration 5 Hours
- Day 10 – Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17594ft)–back to Gorakshep (5,181 m /16,994ft) Duration 8 Hours
- Day 11 – Hike to Kalapattar (5,550m /18,190ft) and trek to Dzongla (4,830m/15,840ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 12 – Trek to Dragnak (4700m/15415ft) via Chola Pass (5,420m/17,782ft) Duration: 7 Hours
- Day 13 – Trek to Gokyo Lakes (4,790m/15,710ft) Duration: 2-3 Hours
- Day 14 – Hike to Gokyo Ri (5,483m/19,083ft) and trek to Dole (4,200m/13,775ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 15 – Trek to Namche (3,440m/11,285ft) Duration: 6 Hours
- Day 16 – Trek to Lukla (2,840m/9,317ft) Duration: 6-7 Hours
- Day 17 – Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 18 – Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 19 – Departure Day (Farewell)
The very Best Time for Gokyo – Chola – Everest Base Camp Trekking
Autumn (September, October, November)
Autumn is THE BEST weather Conditions in the month of September, October and
Autumn is one of the Peak Seasons in Nepal for trekking.
Spring (March, April, May)
beautiful flowers and new leaves start to grow.
PS- If you are A well experienced trekker, then you are sure to enjoy in any seasons.
Gokyo – Chola -Everest Base Camp Trekking Difficulty
- Difficulty in breathing.
- You may also face Acute Mountain Sickness.
Find a fit travel package for your Nepal holiday
With this trip search function you can find an appropriate package for trekking in Nepal.
What is the basic stuff I should not forget during the Trek?
- Trekking Boots
- Few pairs of undergarments
- High quality down jacket and pant
- Thermal wears
- T-shirts and trousers
- Trekking pole
- A pair of gloves
- Woolen hat
- Water purification tablets
- Energy bars
What are the food and accommodation services in the Everest Trekking region?
The overnight stay will be in the teahouse/lodge. There are varieties of tea houses/lodge. Nepalgram use the best lodge/guest house available in the route.
There are mostly 2 types of toilets – both squat & western (commode pan toilet).
Dishes like momo, noodles, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, pastries, coffee, tea, etc. are common. As the elevation will increase the cost of food & accommodation also gets limited and expensive. The meals will be served on the menu of 99% of the teahouse/lodge you will be staying in.
Frozen supplies that take days to get reach the trails are not the best option and hence not recommended. Not because they are frozen but because they have been transported this long without refrigeration. A small diarrhea might be a big issue in the mountains.