Langtang Valley Helicopter trek is one of the trending trekking destinations in Nepal. Langtang valley trekking is not as famous as Everest base camp trek and Annapurna base camp trek, neither as famous as Annapurna circuit trek but overwhelmingly beautiful.
In the short trekking activity you will walk through the jungle, trek by the river valley, explore varieties of flora and fauna. Surprisingly, this short trekking has variation of landscape on a wider scale. In Langtang valley Helicopter trek you will walk inside the jungle for 2 days and the next day the trek will be on no tree line zone.
Crossing Thangsyap village, jungle trek will turn to bush trek but the time we get to Langtang village, trekking will be in no tree line zone, eventually.
In Langtang valley trek not only the nature and White Mountains are overwhelming, but also the culture and tradition of local Sherpa is amazing. In such a short trekking trip to Nepal you will explore everything.
Why is it special?
Langtang valley helicopter trek is a special trek. That is why Langtang valley trek with helicopter return is regarded as the best of all short treks in Nepal. To be precise, following are the main reasons to say this trek package as a special:
- 3 days of trekking to get very close to the mountains
- Trek along Sherpa Village (gaun) for cultural & traditional exploration
- Kyajing ri or Tserg ri for outstanding mountain view mountain
- Langtang glacier view with thousands of mountains all around, as far as you can see
- Closer view of Mountains in a short helicopter trekking tour in Nepal, close enough to touch it
- Along the trail of Langtang valley helicopter trek; trekkers not only see the nature but also get chance to visit religious pillars like Kyanjing Monastery
- Langtang is the first national park in Nepal to conserve red panda and snow leopard – both of them are endangered animals. Also, Langtang valley is famous for bird watching trekking trips. This shows the wider prospect of a national park trail.
Accommodation during Langtang helicopter trek
Accommodation during Langtang valley helicopter trek will be simple. Do not expect to be accommodated with star luxury rooms and fancy hotels, but the place will be as clean and natural as possible.
You will be sleeping in the local guest house. Nepalgram uses the best possible accommodation throughout the Langtang valley trekking trip.
If you want private tent accommodation, please feel free to let us know, we will arrange necessary gears for that.
Interestingly, at Kyangjing, where we will spend two nights in Langtang valley helicopter trekking; the accommodation will be nice. This is the lovely part of a 3 days Langtang valley helicopter trekking trip.
Langtang valley helicopter trek must be the best short Nepal helicopter tour package, which includes the best helicopter ride.
During the helicopter ride back to Kathmandu you will look down at the scattered villages of Nepal in the uneven terrain of hills and mountains, along with stunning White Mountain ranges, at the beginning of the flight.
Best time to go
Two main, best seasons of trekking in Langtang offer a wider prospect of climate in Nepal, from lush temperate river valleys with screeching languor to spectacular old growth forest and glacial-carved cliffs rimmed by snow-covered peaks.
Langtang trail is dry except January-February, this is the snowfall season and the trail might be full of snowy trails.
Despite the colder temperature, winter trekking to Langtang national park is beautiful. Regardless of the special situations; autumn is the best time for Langtang valley helicopter return trekking trips.
April is famous for red, pink, and while rhododendrons stretch into towering canopies of fir and oak forests. Warm weather at the same time makes the Yak and nak herds ascend to higher elevation, making occasional camps in the pasture lands, to follow years of tradition.
June to August, skies might be cloudy with probable rains. For your information, during August, a lively festival at Gosaikunda Lake attracts thousands of Hindu & Buddhist pilgrims. Gosaikunda trek is close to Langtang trekking trail. You can check Gosaikunda helicopter trekking tour, if this interests you.
Outline Trekking Itinerary
- Day 1 :Welcome on Arrival in Nepal
- Day 2 :Drive to Syaprubensi/Langtnag valley trekking start point
- Day 3 :Trek to Sherpa Gaun, 6 hours
- Day 4 :Sherpa village to Thangshyap
- Day 5 :Kyanjing village 3900 meter or 12792 feet – last destination of the trek
- Day 6 :Excursion – Side trips of your choice and stamina/fitness
- Day 7 :Fly back to Kathmandu by Helicopter
- Day 8 :Departure
Download detail itinerary of Langtang Trek with Helicopter Return
Cost of Langtang Valley Helicopter Trek – Nepalgram Adventure
|Cost (in USD $) Details||2370||2110||1922|
|Accommodation during trek||Standard Private||Private||Shared|
|Transportation to trek start point||Private Jeep||Private Jeep||Shared|
|Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|Hotel at Kathmandu||5 Star||Standard||×|
|Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Helicopter is shared if just 2 person in the group; please contact us. One chopper accommodate 4 passenger. And, minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
• Altitude - 1350 meters
• Time - 30 minutes hotel transfer time
• Activity - Relax at hotel
We will receive you at the international airport on your arrival. After meeting you at the airport, we will assist your hotel transfer and check in, till then you will be informed about trip starting on the next day.
• Altitude - 2380 meters
• Special – Amazing landscapes of river valley, vilages and mountains
• Time – 6 to 8 hours
• Activity – Relax at local guest house with local hospitality
6 to 8 hours’ drive from Kathmandu to Syaprubesi will give better insights of life in Nepal. For your traveling experience, your lunch will be in the local places and you will have ample of time to witness things of your interest, during your drive. Drive duration has amazing landscape of river valley, scattered villages, White Mountains and regular life along the road.
On arrival, we will stay in the local guest house with local hospitality.
• Altitude - 2500 meters
• Special – River valley, mountains and Sherpa village
• Time – 6 hours
• Activity – Trekking uphill
Starting trek from the low land by the lake at 800 meters or 2624 feet we will hike uphill to get to Sherpa gaun. Trek starts by the river and ascends slowly uphill and the river valley looks awesome and beautiful with time.
Getting near to Sherpa Gaun the trail is in the best position to see village of the mountain, snowcapped mountains and astonishing beauty of the landscape of Langtang valley. Part of Gosaikunda lake trekking trail can be seen, as well. Sherpa gaun means Sherpa village and it is beautiful with itself.
• Altitude - 3200 meters
• Special – beautiful forest with stunning mountain view
• Time – 7 hours
• Activity – Trekking in the jungle
7 hours hike from Sherpa gaun to Thangshyap takes us inside the forest. The beautiful forest with stunning Mountain View; Langtang valley trekking trail of the day, has picturesque scenery and the chirping of the birds.
Along the trekking today, we will meet the river we started our trek yesterday. Trekking is inside the dense forest in the mid-day; however, towards the end when we get to Tahngshyap, we will get to no tree line zone.
Thangshyap is beautiful pasture land of Sherpa community. Village has view of snowcapped Mountains. The chance of meeting yaks or naks is more but not certain, as yak shed migrates according to season.
• Altitude - 3900 meters
• Special – view of mountains from kyanjing and glacier near ganja la pass
• Time – 3/5 hours
• Activity – Walking in the easy trail
3 to 5 hours of hiking from to the last destination of Langtang valley helicopter return trekking trip is a best. Walking I the no tree line zone, today will be a walk day in between the mountains.
Once we get to kyangjing, we will be in position to touch the mountains. Snowcapped mountains will be so close from Kyangjing. As the trail of today’s trek is moderately easy trail, you can have your time to explore around the village.
Laying glacier near Ganja la pass is stunning view near the village. If you have energy to walk more than just around hike to the glacier of Langtang lirung, it is huge; mind the trail is not identified and might be tricky with big boulders. Hiking around with your trekking guide is recommended.
• Altitude - 4700/5000 meters
• Special – Tsergu ri and Kyangjing ri, base camp of yala peak and Nayakang peak, cheese factor and glacier
• Time – 45 minutes/ 1 hour
• Activity – Hiking and exploring the surrounding
Views of the mountains are close from Kyangjing village itself. But if we trek higher to 4700 meter or 5000 meter the view will be even more amazing. From kyangjing at 3900 meters or 12792 feet to; either Tsergu ri at 5000 meter or 16400 feet OR to Kyangjing ri at 15416 feet or 4700 meter will be a long walk but the best walk of all time.
Although, you are flying above these mountains, tomorrow take this hike and conquer yourself. Apart from these two hiking destination there are few other options of excursion day, they are as follows and can be decided with your trekking guide:
• Explore the village, cheese factory & Kyangjing monastery
• Hike to Langtang glacier – a short hike
• Trek towards Langsisha kharka – as long as you wish to go – Langsisha kharka is towards a high pass trekking trail route
• Kyangjing ri hike
• Tserguri trekking
• Trek to the base camp of Yala peak
• Trek to the base camp of Nayakang peak
• Altitude - 1350 meters
• Special – Amazing view from top of helicopter
• Time – 1 hour and 30 minutes
• Activity – Flying in helicopter
In the morning, we will take helicopter back to Kathmandu. All the memories of ground trekking scenery will be added with air view of those mountains and more. The top view is amazing, you will love it.
On arrival at Kathmandu, we will drop you to your accommodation. Take a massage or go on a tour with us. We have plenty of trekking trip extension program; you may choose one of the best suits for you.
With beautiful & ugly time spend together; time has come to farewell you. We will drop you at the airport for your departure to next destination or home.
Keenly looking forward for another adventure together!!!