- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- 3900 meters/12753 feet
- Helicopter trek
- Hotel/Mountain Guest house
- English+any other upon request
Langtang Valley Helicopter trek is one of the trending trekking in Nepal. Langtang valley trekking is not as famous as Everest base camp trek and Annapurna base camp trek, neither as famous as Annapurna circuit trek but overwhelmingly beautiful.
In the short trekking activity you will walk through the jungle, trek by the river valley, explore verities of flora and fauna. Surprisingly, this short trekking has variation of landscape in wider scale. In Langtang valley Helicopter trek you will walk inside the jungle for 2 days and the next day trek will be on no tree line zone.
Crossing Thangsyap village, jungle trek will turn to bush trek and but the time we get to Langtang village, trekking will be in no tree line zone, eventually. In Langtang valley trek not only the nature and White Mountains are overwhelming, but also the culture and tradition of local Sherpa is amazing. In such a short trekking trip to Nepal you will explore everything.
Why is it special?
Langtnag valley helicopter trek is a special trekking. That is why Langtang valley trek with helicopter return is regarded as the best of all short treks in Nepal. To be precise, following are the main reasons to say this trek package as a special:
- 3 days of trekking to get very close to the mountains
- Trek along Sherpa Village (gaun) for cultural & traditional exploration
- Kyajing ri or Tserg ri for outstanding mountain view mountain
- Langtang glacier view with thousands of mountains all around, as far as you can see
- Closer view of Mountains in a short helicopter trekking tour in Nepal, close enough to touch it
- Along the trail of Langtang valley helicopter trek; trekkers not only see the nature but also get chance to visit religious pillars like Kyanjing Monastery
- Langtang is the first national park in Nepal to conserve red panda and snow leopard – both of them are endangered animal. Also that, Langtang valley is famous for bird watching trekking trips. This shows the wider prospect of national park trail.
Accommodation during Langtang helicopter trek
Accommodation during Langtang valley helicopter trek will be simple. Do not expect to be accommodated with star luxury rooms and fancy hotels, but the place will be clean and natural as far as possible.
You will be sleeping in the local guest house. Nepalgram uses the best possible accommodation throughout the Langtang valley trekking trip.
If you want private tent accommodation, please feel free to let us know, we will arrange necessary gears for that.
Interestingly, at Kyangjing, where we will spend two nights in Langtang valley helicopter trek; the accommodation will nice. This is the lovely part of 3 days Langtang valley helicopter trekking trip.
Nurture & Wildlife/Bird
From the first day, Langtang valley helicopter trekking tail goes along the river through the forest. Thus the entire trekking trip will be full of nature and exploration, on air or on the ground. Walking along the bamboo forest, no tree line zone, by the glacier, in between the mountains – Nature is overwhelming inside Langtang national park.
As the trail of trekking is inside national park, we will discover much wildlife. Some of the major wildlife conserved by Langtang national park is as follow:
46 mammal species
- Assamese monkey
- grey wolf
- red panda
- clouded leopard (Neofelis nebulosa), leopard cat, snow leopard
- musk deer and Tibetan sheep
- Snow leopards have been reported in Kyangjin and Ganjala – upper Langtang, upper Yangri and upper Lendi valleys
- Red panda is frequently sighted in Polangpati, Ghodatabela and the southern flank of Cholangpati, Panch Pokhari, Yangri and Maginigoth areas.
- Foxes (Vulpes vulpes) can be found in elevations between 3,300 to 5,300m
- The Himalayan black bear (Selenarctos thibetanus) is frequently sighted in Timure, Thulo Bharku, Melamchi, Briddim, Thulo Syafru, Lokil and Ghodatabela
- common leopard (Panthera pardus) in Dhunche, Bharku, Syafrubesi, Ramche, Kutumsang and Sermathan
- Ghoral (Nemorhaedus goral) is frequently seen in Timure, Bridim, Sherpagaon and Bomboo areas.
- serow (Capricornis summatraensis) in Ghodatabela and lower Langtang Valley.
- The Himalayan Tahr is predominantly found on the south facing slopes in Langtang valley and Lendi valley.
- Unlike Sagarmatha National Park, the mountain ungulates like ghoral, Himalayan Tahr and serow are extremely trepid
Birds of Langtang national Park- More than 250 species
- Himalayan monal (Lophophorus impejanus)
- satyr tragopan (Tragopan satyra)
- Ibisbil (Ibidorhyncha struthersii)
- Wood snipe (Gallinago nemoricola),
- Globally threatened bird species, is found in Kyangjin.
- The Snow partridge is frequently seen in the Gosaikunda valley in summer
- Tibetan snowcock (Tetraogallus tibetanus), Himalayan snowcock (Tetragallus himalayensis)
- Tibetan partridge (Perdix hodgsoniae), Oriental Honey Buzzard (Pernis ptilorhyncus)
- Himalayan Griffin (Gyps Himalayansis), Eurasian Griffin (Gyps fulvus) and the Red Headed Vulture (Sarcogyps calvus)
- Yellow Rumped Honey Guide (Indicator xanthonotus) in Bomboo and Lamahotel
- Gliding Lammergeier (Gypaetus barbatus) in Lauribinayak and upper Langtang valley.
- Wetland dependent birds Bar Headed goose (Ancer indicus), Ruddy Shelduck (Tadorna ferruginea), Common Teal (Anas crecca), Tufted Duck (Aythya fuligula) and Common Merganser (Mergus merganser).
- The 12 globally threatened bird species found in Langtang National Park are – the satyr tragopan (Tragopan satyra), yellow-rumped honey guide (Indicator xanthonotus), wood snipe (Gallinago nemoricola) cinereous vulture (Aegypius monachus), red headed vulture (Sarcogyps calvus), pallid harrier (Circus macrourus), greater spotted eagle (Aquila clang), imperial eagle (Aquila beliaca), yellow-breasted bunting (Emberiza aureola), hoary throated brawing (Actinodura nipalensis), Nepal wren babbler (Pnegpphyga emaculata) and ibisbill (Ibidorhyncha struthersii).
- The park has the highest known density of Nepal wren babbler, a restricted range species (Baral and Inskipp 2005).
Langtang valley helicopter trek must be a best short Nepal helicopter tour package, which includes the best helicopter ride. During the helicopter ride back to Kathmandu you will look down at the scattered villages of Nepal in the uneven terrain of hills and mountains, along with stunning White Mountain ranges, at the beginning go the flight.
Best time to go
Two main, best season of trekking in Langtang offers wider prospect of climate in Nepal, from lush temperate river valleys with screeching languor to spectacular old growth forest and glacial-craved cliffs rimmed by snow-covered peaks. Langtang trail is dry except January-February, this is a snowfall season and trail might be full of snowy trail.
Despite of colder temperature, winter trekking to Langtang national park is beautiful. Regardless of the special situations; autumn is the best time for Langtang valley helicopter return trekking trip.
April is famous for red, pink, and while rhododendrons stretch into towering canopies of fir and oak forests. Warm weather at the same time makes the Yak and nak herds ascend to higher elevation, making occasional camps in the pasturelands, to follow years of tradition.
June to august, skies might be cloudy with probable rains. For your information, during August, a lively festival at Gosaikunda Lake attracts thousands of Hindu & Buddhist pilgrims. Gosaikunda trek is close to Langtang trekking trail. You can check Gosaikunda helicopter trekking tour, if this interests you.
- 1st Day – Trek to Sherpa gaun
- 2nd Day – Sherpa gaun to Thangsyap
- 3rd Day – Thangsyap village to kyanjing village
- 4th Day – Excursion or Side trip to Kyanjing ri or Tsergu ri
- 5th Day – Fly to Kathmandu
Overview of Langtang valley helicopter trek
A short trek for the best experience – Langtang valley helicopter trek can be a best suit for your first time in Nepal. None other than Langtang valley trek can be as beautiful and interesting in short holiday in Nepal.
Among many Himalayan trekking destinations of Nepal; Langtang valley has been standing out to be a suitable for the beginners and for those who are in short amount of time for the best insights of the mountains, culture, traditional and the adventure of the mountains.
Are you looking for high altitude side trips but low altitude trek? Langtang valley trek has this opportunity. Trekkers sleeps 3900 meters at the maximum but still will have options to trek all the way up to 5000 meters as a day side trip. This literally takes you in the middle of the towering mountains, into the beauty of the high altitude.
Best thing about langtang valley trek is you can wait and see how you feel. If you feel good enough to hike higher you always can. If not you can always get the best view of the 360 degree panorama of the mountain from the low altitude trek. This is why Langtang valley trek has been number one choice of the beginner’s trekkers for Nepal.
However, Langtang valley trek with helicopter return has made this trekking adventure the best one. With all those exploration from 700 meters to 5000 meters along the trekking on your foot will rewards with helicopter ride, at the end of the trip. Flight from langtang valley to Kathmandu goes over the langtang range and sees view of the towering peaks from Manaslu and Ganesh himal. Aerial view of the snowcapped mountains; and rest for your legs after days of trekking worth Langtang valley helicopter trek.
Short & beautiful langtang trek provides all major prospects of mountain trekking with both aerial as well as ground view of the mountains.
Highlights of Langtang valley helicopter trek
- Trekking in the lower altitude of langtang river valley but still has plenty of side trip options all the way to 5000 meters above the sea level
- 360 degree view of the snow capped mountains in the spiral river valley – stunning
- Trekking inside Langtang national park – LNP is the first Himalayan national park in Nepal
- Chance to see snow leopard and red panda, as this national park conserves these animals (specifically)
- Close view of the mountain glacier & snow capped mountains; including Mt Langtang and its glacier
- Gradual & flat trail all the way to Last village of Kyanjing and multiple chance to sight Yak/Nak/Baby yak & explore cultural and traditional aspect of local sherpa
- Scenic flight on helicopter back to kathmandu - Flying above the langtang himalaya range