- 4 to 8
- 5416 meter/17765 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May), Spring (September to November)
- In Person
- Multi-day Hike
Most of you have heard about Thorong la pass of Annapurna circuit trekking trail. So, this trekking itinerary gives insights of both trekking routes; one the famous Thorong la pass and another less known Kang la pass.
This trekking package covers restricted part of Nepal in off the beaten part of Narphu valley along with famous Annapurna circuit trekking. Saying restricted we need special permit as well as ACAP permit for Annapurna 2 high passes trek.
Annapurna Himalaya range has numerous other passes across its range. But few of them are really famous among the mountaineers who have been to Nepal. Thorong la pass has been a supreme identity of Annapurna circuit trekking, as this connects Manang valley to the famous Mustang valley of Nepal.
In contrast with Thorong la being really famous – Kang la pass has been another trending and loved high pass of Annapurna Himalaya range. However, Kang la pass is famous as Nar Phu valley trekking.
Kang la pass connects restricted Nar & Phu village with famous Manang village and eventually to Thorong la pass.
This – Annapurna 2 high passes trek connects these 2 beautiful and rewarding mountain pass of Annapurna region.
Best Time for Annapurna 2 High Pass Trek
Months of September to November & March to May are favourable for trekking over Annapurna 2 High pass trek. If you can manage to trek over these 2 high passes in suggested months – clear sky, open mountains, snow-capped Himalaya range and an experience of Nepalese festival will make the trip perfect.
Autumn and Spring with above mentioned months are regarded as the best month to trek in the Nepal Himalaya. However, people trek all around the year.
In case you do not get required length of travel time in recommended months – you will always have options to trek these destinations in the winter and Monsoon. But make sure you trek with best guide from best trekking agency in Nepal.
Winter gets cold and snows often. If you get heavy snowfall before high pass day – your guide will decide on what to do? That is why you need to have good company.
Monsoon gets lots of rain and the sky will be mostly cloudy. So, if you have to trek Annapurna 2 high pass trek in monsoon – it is better to talk in depth about the pro and cons and decide on your trip. We, as your friends from Nepal can assure you the best experience possible even in the off season of trekking in Nepal.
Indeed, these off season means – quiet and peaceful trekking trails. [wte_video_gallery trip_id=’2566′]
Narphu valley trek – a restricted trail of Annapurna
Manang district in the Annapurna region of Nepal Himalaya offers a new trekking trail called Nar Phu trekking. Nar Phu is a village located in Manang, composed of culture, people and typical traditional practices. Deserted geography of the valley makes this trail more off the beaten path. This trek goes into the deep valley of Nar Phu, opened for trekking from 2003AD.
Nar Phu is a deserted valley in the green Himalaya. It will be fun for you to be in the deserted valley after crossing mountains and heading towards Himalaya. On this trek, trekkers explore the distinct culture of people and many Gombas and Mannes. Nar Phu is dominated with Buddhist culture and hence the trail is traditionally dominated with Buddhist people and their warm well-come to the valley.
On our treks we focus on fun as well as gaining new knowledge, thus we will create many opportunities for our clients to get involved with the local activities. Culture of Nar Phu valley widely resembles Tibetan culture. Visit to Nar Phu makes you feel like being in Tibet culturally, but in desert geographically. Annapurna ranges and Himlung Himal are major attractions though trekkers can screen many mountains along the trail, like Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Tilicho peak and many unnamed Himalayan peaks.
Nepal government under ACAP & immigration of Nepal is upgrading this trail with more infrastructures; this is increasing interest towards the trekking trail of Nar Phu valley & so is Annapurna 2 high pass Trek. Travelling to Nar Phu valley with team of Nepalgram makes the trekking more worthwhile, because we focus on the local participation and help our clients to know more about the local culture and the environment.
The suggested itinerary for Annapurna 2 high pass Trek is one of the best designed, but it can also be customized according to your requirements. Feel free to reach to our team.
- Day 1 – Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft)
- Day 2 – Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
- Day 3 – Kathmandu to Jagat Drive (1100m/3608ft): 8-9 hours
- Day 4 – Jagat to Dharapani (1,960m/6,430ft): 7-8 hours
- Day 5 – Dharapani to Koto (2,610m/8,563ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 6 – Koto to Meta (3,560m/11,680ft): 7-8 hours
- Day 7 – Meta to Phu Gaon (4,250m/13,944ft): 7-8 hours
- Day 8 – Acclimatization at Phu Gaon
- Day 9 – Phu Gaon to Nar (4,110m/13,484ft): 6-7 hours
- Day 10 – Acclimatization and preparation at Nar
- Day 11 – Nar to Kang La Pass (5,322m/17,460ft) to Ngwal (3,660m/12,008ft): 7-8 hours
- Day 12 – Ngwal to Manang (3,540m/11,614ft): 3 hours
- Day 13 – Manang to Yak Kharka (4,110m/13,484ft): 3-4 hours
- Day 14 – Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,600m/15,092ft): 3-4 hours
- Day 15 – Thorong Phedi to Thorong La (5,416m/17764ft) to Muktinath (3,800m/12,467ft): 7-8 hours
- Day 16 – Muktinath to Jomsom (2,715m/8,910ft): 5-6 hours
- Day 17 – Jomsom to Pokhara Flight (1400m/2,700ft): 30 min flight
- Day 18 – Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,428ft): 5-6 hours’ drive
- Day 19 – Final departure from Nepal
Cost of Annapurna 2 high passes trekking – Nepalgram Adventure
|Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|All Trek Permits||√||√||√|
|Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|Food on trek (BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|Desert||from Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|Warm up hikes||√||×||×|
|Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Annapurna 2 high passes takes you to the famous Annapurna circuit as well as restricted or less know Nar phu valley.
Kangla pass and thorong la pass are the 2 high passes we will trek over.
Major Attraction of Annapurna 2 High Pass Trek
- Remote village and its culture
- Hidden valley of Nepal
- Along Annapurna Circuit trail - fusion of remote and famous trek
- View of entire Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range
- Deepest river Valley of the world "Nar Phu"
- Kang La Pass (5,322m/17,460ft) and World Famous Thorong la Pass (5,416m/17764ft)
- Ngwal, Nar and Phu village
- Jungle Trek
- Lower Mustang, Jomsom and Pokhara
- Muktinath temple