What to Expect
In your Kathmandu valley tour program, our guide will pick you from your respective hotel. All the payment prior to Kathmandu valley tour should be either done online payment or visiting our office.
If you package includes on arrival pick – up and departure drop facilities then your tour guide will be welcoming you on arrival at international airport, most probably. In the guided tour package of Kathmandu valley tour, our private car will take you to the sightseeing destination of Kathmandu valley as accordance to the itinerary. Lunch spot will be suggested by guide and the entrance tickets will be available in hand in co-ordination with tour guide.
As our tour guides are government licensed from the Nepal tourism department, they keep good insights of the entire tour destination. Most of the guides working for more than decades keep better insights as local guides.
However, Nepalgram Adventure has local tour guides for the Kathmandu valley tour. Local tour guide keeps better insights of the local places and they take you to the hidden alleys of Kathmandu valley sightseeing spot in unreal experience. Our local experts will add an urban adventure in your Kathmandu valley tour in Nepal.
Kathmandu Valley Tour vs. Pokhara Valley Tour
Both Kathmandu and Pokhara are most famous tour sights of Nepal. Pokhara is famous as the lake city whereas Kathmandu is famous as city of temples.
Among these two, a nature lover will prefer Pokhara as you can see the mountains very close and the lakes will entertain travelers with fresher environment.
- Anthropological aspect
The Newars are the indigenous inhabitants of the valley who are also known as the creators of historic civilization of the valley. They are rich in culture and tradition with the different fest. Here in the tour you will be provided with the opportunity to enjoy the Newari culture, architecture, their art of pottery and their different jatras (festivals) like Machhindranath, bisket etc. The valley is also popular among tourists for its unique, rich, culture and architecture; including the highest number of jatras.
Unlike to Kathmandu valley tour, Pokhara has fewer temples but more nature. Closeness to the mountain range, amazing view of Mt fishtail reflecting on the lake of Phewa, strolling by the side of lake, visiting a small temple on an island of Phewa lake and comparatively quitter and cleaner street of Pokhara lakeside is overwhelming to nature wonderers. Few temples and caves are famous as the holy sites of Pokhara but not famous as architectural sites of Kathmandu.
- Natural sceneryPokhara beats Kathmandu, if nature is your major concern. There are short hiking destinations near Kathmandu as well. But the hike in Pokhara has magnificent view of the mountains and a small valley of Pokhara. The collage of lake, mountain and the green hills near by gives a mesmerizing view on you short hike to world peace stupa or day hike to Sarangkot. Sunset and sunrise at Sarangkot are world famous. Unlike to Kathmandu Pokhara have more nature and less of history, monuments and temples.
Tour of Kathmandu valley is one of the best ways to acknowledge more about the Nepalese people, their religion, culture and tradition. The tour around the ancient city provides the visitor to explore the ancient and traditional places full of stories and historic importance. At every step, you will find temples with different tales, so Kathmandu city is also known as the ‘City of temples’.
Important monuments in Kathmandu Valley
Kathmandu valley is the capital of Nepal and is considered as a living museum of Nepal. In the heart of City, many temples, cultural sites, and anthropological monuments are appealing sites to visit in your Nepal travel.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu
- Patan Durbar Square, Lalitpur
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur
- Swayambhunath Stupa, Kathmandu
- Boudhanath Stupa, Kathmandu
- Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu
- Changu Narayan Temple, Bhaktapur
- Narayanhiti Palace, Kathmandu
- Dattarya Temple, Bhaktapur
- Balkumari Temple, Thimi, Bhaktapur
- Rani Pokhari, Kathmandu
- Dakshinkali Temple, Kritipur
- Amitav Bihar (White Gumba), Kathmandu
- Nyatapol Temple (Five-storied temple), Bhaktapur
Note: The Kathmandu valley tour is an easy and a flexible tour. It can be designed according to your vacation time. The short and best itinerary is suggested below.
5 Days Kathmandu Valley tour Itinerary
Places we will visit on day 01:
• Kathmandu Durbar Square(Hanuman dhoka)
• Pashupatinath temple
• Patan Durbar Square
Places we will visit on the day 02:
• Bouddhanath stupa
• Swyambhunath stupa
• Amitav Bihar (White Gumba)
Then back to the hotel.
Places we will visit on day 03:
• Botanical garden, Godawori
• Dakshinkali temple
Then back to the hotel.
Places we will visit on day 04:
• Bhaktapur Durbar Square
• Changunarayan temple
Our car will help you for airport Shuttle.