Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek is a popular trekking route in the Everest Himalayas. The trek combines visits to the everest base camp, Gokyo Lakes and climb to Gokyo Ri. It makes the interesting journey to the base camp of Mount Everest with crossing the challenging Chola Pass.
You will get most out of everest region trekking in this Gokyo Ri chola pass with EBC trekking trip in Nepal. Best experience possible in Everest is in this “Everest base camp chola pass gokyo ri trekking“.
Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek is an ambitious journey into the Khumbu/Everest region that connects the Everest base camp with the Gokyo valley and walk you over the 5420m-high Chola pass. Chola laa pass top has great view of Mt makalu.
Numerous Himalayan giants, including Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse, Makalu, Amadablam, Nuptse, Mt. Pumori, and many others, may be seen from this hiking route. This trekking with your friends or family will be a lifetime experience. Natural beauty, distinctive culture of the Sherpa people, lush green forest, strolling through the snow, and the high pass with stunning landscape view makes EBC chola pass a best trek in Nepal.
The trek usually starts with a flight to Lukla and then follows the Dudh Koshi River to get to the village of Namche.
From Namche, trekkers head to the Gokyo Valley, visiting the 1st, 2nd glacial lakes before getting to 3rd lake of Gokyo. The village of Gokyo is by the 3rd lake. Whereas, 4th, 5th & 6th lakes of Gokyo are accessible as a side trip from Gokyo village. And climbing Gokyo Ri for panoramic views of the Mount Everest & surrounding peaks is another major thing to do during EBC cholapass Gokyo Ri trek.
The trek then continues towards the Everest Base Camp, passing through the famous Namche Bazaar before reaching the base camp after a few days of hiking. The journey back from Everest base camp includes a crossing of the Chola Pass, which is considered one of the most difficult and dangerous passes among Everest 3 high passes.
The total duration of the trek is typically 12 to 19 days, depending on the itinerary and pace of the trekker. The best time to do this trek is from September to November and from March to May. Nepalgram can customize the trip as per your time frame and requirements.
Remember that this chola pass climb requires good physical condition, the right equipment (mini spikes & sun glasses are compulsory), and acclimation to the high altitude. But this high pass do not need any technical climbing skills or regorous training prior to the trekking.
For a safer and more enjoyable trip, it is advised to hire a local guide or sign up with a trekking group.
Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek altitude
The exact route and itinerary will determine the exact altitude of the Everest Base Camp (EBC), Chola Pass, and Gokyo Ri Trek in Nepal, but it typically ranges from 2,834 meters (9,300 feet) at Lukla (the trek’s starting point) to 5545 meters at the top of Kalapatthar or 5,364 meters (17,598 feet) at the summit of Gokyo Ri, and up to 5,380 meters (17,600 feet) at the Everest Base Camp.
Being properly acclimated is essential to avoiding concerns like altitude sickness and other health problems, which can be brought on by the high altitude. It is advised to take your time on the hike, to drink lots of water, to keep an eye on your symptoms & share with your guide in any changes noticed, and to seek medical help if necessary.
Highlights of Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek
- -A flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- -Trekking to the base camp of Mount Everest, one of the Seven Summits
- -Climbing Gokyo Ri (5,360m/17,586ft) for panoramic views of the surrounding peaks
- -Crossing the challenging Chola Pass (5,420m/17,782ft)
- -Exploring the Gokyo Valley, home to glistening turquoise lakes
- -Encountering diverse landscapes, ranging from lush forests to high-altitude deserts
- -Immersing in the local culture and traditions of the Sherpa people
- -Admiring the stunning scenery of the Himalayas, including peaks such as Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu, and more.
Best season for Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek
The best season to explore Nepal’s Everest Base Camp (EBC) Chola Pass and Gokyo Ri Trek are in the months of September through November and March through May.
These months offer favorable circumstances (weather, tea houses set up, shops, flights etc) for trekking and beautiful scenery because the weather is typically clear and calm. The autumn season (September to November) is known for its beautiful sky, which offer fantastic views of the neighboring peaks.
The journey is much more picturesque in the spring (March to May), when the weather is moderate and the rhododendron forests are in full bloom. There are more than 9 types of Rhododendron found in the region – which blooms in spring season.
As heavy snowfall and strong winds can happen even during the greatest season, it’s crucial to be ready for rapid changes in the weather, any time of the year.
Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek difficulty
The Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek in Nepal, which entails hiking at high altitude for several days and traversing a treacherous pass, is considered to be difficult. Crossing of Chola pass in snowy day is challenging & impossible without trekking guide.
In normal weather and good season – trekking to EBC with crossing over chola pass to get to Gokyo ri is not hard. But in winter – chola pass get closed due to heavy snow fall.
Even while the weather is challenging good physical shape & right equipment can complete the journey, it does require the right supplies and trekking gears, as well as preparation for the physical and mental challenges of high-altitude trekking.
The expedition as a whole can be physically draining because it entails lengthy days of hiking through difficult terrain.
Particularly the Chola Pass, which necessitates cautious navigation and physical exertion, is regarded as one of the region’s most challenging and perilous passes. For a safer and more pleasurable experience, it is advised to hire a local & experienced trekking guide.
Before beginning this trek, it’s crucial to be aware of the dangers of high-altitude trekking and to be adequately ready, both physically and emotionally.
Are you looking for other trips than Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek?
Nepalgram Adventure can help you with the filter below. Select the right destination and activity of your interest to find the best trip to Nepal.
Everest basecamp chola pass Gokyo ri trek Outline itinerary- 17 Days
- Day 1 – Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 2 – Guided Sightseeing of Kathmandu and preparation for the Trek.
- Day 3 – Flight to Lukla (2880m/9446ft). (Lukla is an airstrip village in Tenjing Hillary airport) & trek to Phakding(a small town).
- Day 4 – Trek from Phakding to Namche (3440m/11283ft).
- Day 5 – Rest Day in Namche (3440m/11283ft).
- Day 6 – Trek to Thyangboche (3870m/12694ft) (Here you will see region’s old monastery)
- Day 7 – Trek from Thyangboche to Dingboche [4350m/14268ft]
- Day 8 – Rest Day in Dingboche [4350m/14268ft] and acclimatization hike up to Nangkarsng Peak (5080m/16662ft).
- Day 9 – Trek to Lobuche (4930m/16170ft) making Everest more near but we don’t see Everest. (Still View of Mt. Nuptse is Nice)
- Day 10 – Trek to Gorak Shep [5180m/16990ft] and hike up to Kalapatthar/EBC for Sunset view. (Awaited destination of whole trekking)
- Day 11 – Trek to Everest BaseCamp [5364m/17594ft]/ climb Kalapatthar (5545meters), and stay for few hours.(your wish!) and get back to Gorak Shep and continue trekking from Goraksheo to Zongla Village.
- Day 12 – Cross the Cho La Pass and stay overnight at Thangnak Village; 5420meters; 8-10 hours
- Day 13 – Trekking from Thanknak to Gokyo Village; 3 hours
- Day 14 – Sunrise hike to Gokyo peak (Gokyo Ri; 5370 meters) and trek down to Machermo
- Day 15 – Trek down to Namche
- Day 16 – Trek to Lukla
- Day 17 – Fly out from Lukla to Kathmandu
Cost of Ebc Cholapass GokyoRi Trek
The Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek’s price might change depending on a number of variables, including the season, the number of participants, and the amenities offered. This often includes all modes of transportation, lodging, food, and the services of a porter and guide.
Price for All Inclusive Package with Nepalgram = USD $1730 per person – for Min 2 people in the group
Price for Guide+B/B Package (service Package) = USD $1165 per person – for Min 2 people in the group
Price for luxury package = USD $3200 per person – for Min 2 people in the group
More destination from Nepal
Explore Nepal with us – to the deep in those nook and corners of Nepal Himalaya. Suggestions other than Ebc Cholapass gokyoRi trek.