Chulu East Peak Climbing 6584m is the best peaks in Annapurna Himalaya offering mesmerizing views of the Annapurna massif 8091m, Manaslu (8163m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Tilicho (7134m) & many other peak of the range. Chulu east climb is quite technical in nature & thus requires trekkers with previous experience to take on this challenge.
Trekking route towards the Chulu east Basecamp
As we begin our journey in Jagat, we will be able to see the green lush beauty of the region. We will also be walking on rocky and snowy grounds crossing some picturesque Buddhist villages of the Manages, Thakali, and Gurung. This region also has a truly spectacular diversity of flora and fauna with the deep valleys creating a brilliant space for the wildlife to flourish.
Annapurna conservation is famous for being a home to many rare animals such as the Himalayan sheep, red panda, and the elusive snow leopard.
We will get an insight into the beauty of Manang. The Tibetan-Buddhist culture and religious practices offer the unique and exquisite taste of the predominant faith of the region. This trek will give you a sense of walking into villages that have been forgotten and will feel like you are taking a trip back to time, even today.
Nevertheless, the view atop the peak is absolutely admiring and dulls the senses as long as we keep beholding the views of the surrounding. The Chulu East Peak is surrounded by some truly magical mountains and instigates a feeling of awe while making this trip into the depth of Annapurna himalaya.
1st successful expedition
First climbed in 1955 by a German expedition via the north-east ridge, the peak of Chulu East, together with Chulu West, forms an integral part of the Manang Himal, which in turn is included in the Larger Damodar Himal.
Route to the Chulu East Peak & over Thorong la pass
The peak looms high above the Manang valley in Damodar Himal. Chulu East peak climbing with us initially treads the trail of Annapurna round trek deviates to climb the peak for few days and again merges to Annapurna trek to cross over Thorung La Pass 5416 m.
Beyond Thorung La Pass, slides down to Muktinath, traverses through Jomsom, and finally ends at Pokhara via a drive from Marpha village.
After a rich Himalayan trekking experience, our Chulu East Peak trip will end and drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300m); Overnight in hotel.
Nepalgram Adventure is glad to design your Chulu East Peak Climbing trip in Nepal as a complete Nepal travels with our experienced climbing/Trekking guides and expert staff for your satisfaction.
|Permit Fee||Spring: (Mar-Apr-May) USD 250|
Autumn: (Sep-Oct-Nov) USD 125
Winter: (Dec-Jan-Feb) USD 70
Summer: (Jun-Jul-Aug) USD 70
The Trip Keys
- Highest access: 6584m (21,601ft)
- First Ascent: Dick Isherwood & John Noble. May 1979
- Duration: 20 Days
- Group Size: 02-08 persons per Group.
- Location: Annapurna Region
- Departure From: Kathmandu
- Grade: Technical
- Accommodation: Tourist standard to five star as request
- Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & Pokhara. B/L/D during the trekking and climbing period
- Transportation: Car, jeep, mini bus, flight
- Best season: Spring (April, May) and autumn (October, November)
- Major Activity: Trekking/climbing
- Include Activity: Sightseeing at Pokhara
- Culture: Gurung, Thakali and Bharman
- Accommodation : Tea House/Camping
- Climbing route: Northeast ridge
- Himalayan sights: Mt. Annapurna, Mt Dhaulagiri, Mt Manaslu, Gangapurna, Fishtail, Lamjung Himal, Thorong peak, Tilicho peak & many other from the range
Chulu East peak climbing cost details of Nepalgram Adventure
20 days trekking and climbing programs. Include Lodge, tent accommodations, Breakfasts, Lunch, Dinners, Porters’ High climbing guide & cook.
The price also includes climbing equipments for group use like – fixed rope, main rope, ices crow, snow bar, ice hammer & all the group gears need while climbing the peak.
Hotel in Kathmandu as per our itinerary is included. Hotels in our package trip are standard to 3 star (depends on availability). However customers can always upgrade the hotel to 5 to 7 star hotels.
Transport, Climbing permit and insurance is included in the cost for Chulu East peak climbing.
We assure kind hearted and experienced staff who knows how-to trace the route on glacier route, high pass route, and how to fix the rope for ice climbing, and how to climb the Chulu East peak with minimal risk and precisely successful pattern.
Our trekking/climbing crew are paid well & insured.
Chulu East Peak climbing (6584m) is situated high above the Manang valley, off of the main trail to Thorong-La pass (5416m).
Chulu east summit offers breathtaking views across to the Annapurna II, III and IV, Mt Dhaulagiri, Mt Manaslu, Gangapurna, Glacier Dome, Tilicho Peak and many other peaks.
Chulu east peak was first climbed in 1955 by a German expedition via the north-east ridge.
Chulu east climb is combined with the classic trek around the Annapurna massif, ascending the Marshyangdi valley and crossing the Thorong-La, before descending the Kali Gandaki valley to Pokhara.
Chulu East Peak climbing trek start from Khudi and trail flow Chhetaji Khola you well arrive camp Yak kharaka 4000m. From Yak Kharka to Chulu Far East base camp is very steep up above the waterfall (4700m) with 4 hrs trek; you’ll have lunch at base camp.
After lunch we will climb small Mountains for your acclimatization and return to camp.
Base camp to high camp is steep uphill and arrives rocky platform which will pass by small lake and just near by the lake is high camp (5300m). It takes approx 3hrs to trek from basecamp to high camp.
The next day early in the morning; the trip to Summit, begins in a rocky way and steep icy slope. Here we fix rope. After reaching south west Col; right ridge goes Chulu Far East summit, and East is continues down deep snow crevices and then you can build the camp (I) at around 5500m. Camp (II) for chulu east peak climbing is just below the ridge and the early of next day route follows the north ridge ridge to the Summit.
Great view of Annapurna II, III, IV, Annapurna, Manaslu, Pisang peak, chulu west and north side Himlung Valley can be seen in route to the summit and from the summit of Chulu east peak.
Chulu east is technical trekking peak in Nepal and at least you need 4 to 6 days climbing period from base camp. There are lots of crevasse between chulu Far East and chulu east this fix rope are compulsory till north ridge.
- Sightseeing tour of historical, cultural, religious heritages sites of Kathmandu valley
- Passing through the Marsyangdi valley & desert landscape at Kagbeni village, Kagbeni is the gateway to upper mustang region.
- Both mid-hills and Trans Himalayan semi-Tibetan cultural experiences & landscapes
- Summit Chulu East Peak with eye-catching views of Lamjung Himal, Annapurna Himal family (I,II,III,IV), Machhapuchhre Himal, Manaslu Himal, Dhaulagiri range, Dhaulagiri ice-flow, Tilicho peak, Tibetan ranges etc
- Visit to old Buddhist monastery in Braga
- Explore beautiful Manang Village, once forbidden kingdom of Nepal.
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath after crossing famous thorong la pass 5416 meters
- Journey through deepest gorge of the world, Kali Gandaki valley
- Natural hot springs along the trail after thorong la pass
- Magnificent Himalayan sunrise sight from the Poon hill while trekking & from the top of Chulu east peak during climbing
- Vast range of biodiversity on trail conserved wildlife and vegetation inside Annapurna conservation area
- Cultural exchange with different community with majority of Gurungs, Magars, Brahmin, Ksetri and Thakali.
- Lake valley of Pokhara & stay by the lakeside