2610 meter / 8561 feet
Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
Villages like Chisapani, being not far from the city has mesmerizing mountain scenery. Trekking route along the local villages of sermathang or Tarkeghyang is not just interesting but a good reason to feel the life. Trekking in Helambu has wider prospect of excursion, to satisfy your nature hunger.
Less likely physical demanding, Helambu is such a destination where trekkers are liable to explore many mountains with taste of jungle trekking and village trek at the same time, within the least altitude. Variation in flora and fauna, people, culture and tradition is the major achievement a trekker can explore in Helambu trekking part of Nepal.
Mountain Culture & Nature in Helambu Trekking
Helambu trekking route is dwelling place of Bhote (Sherpa or people from Bhot i.e. Tibet). Complete range of Langtang Mountain with warm hospitality of local people in Langtang region is main art of this trip to Nepal.
In general Helambu is the residence of Sherpa and dominated with Tamang, though we can find many Chhetri and Bramins as well. The people in this locality are Buddhist dominantly. They are really generous and to be their guest is one of the fortunes for you.
If you want to go for short and easy trekking in Nepal, this is perfect Choice; exploring culture, tradition and lifestyle of the Nepali peoples. Since you are trekking in the land of Himalayas, mountains in front of you will very normal from the second day itself. Saying that, this trekking is combined destination for exploring snow capped Himalaya along with life of local.
Below is the suggested day to day itinerary and cost for Helambu trekking which can be happily customized to make some changes as per your circumstances.
Best Nepal tour package Itinerary
- Day 1 – Receive at the airport on arrival and Evening spiritual tour in Kathmandu Day 2 – Sunrise trip to Nagarkot and hike down to Changunarayan (a UNESCO site), Overnight at Bhaktapur.
- Day 3 – Bhaktapur heritage tour in the morning or evening/ when there is few tourist but more local activities and overnight at Kathmandu.
- Day 4 – Drive to Pokhara by Bus.
- Day 5 – Pokhara tour – includes major tourist spots in Pokhara.
- Day 6 – You can either relax or sign up for any adventure sports – like paragliding, ultra flight, bungee during the day. And a short hike to world peace stupa in the evening.
- Day 7 – Drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 8 – Airport drop by our representative for departure
Cost of Helambu trekking – Nepalgram Adventure
|1||Cost (in USD $) Details||1060||480||180|
|3||Accommodation during trek||Standard||Private||Shared|
|4||Transportation to trek start point||Private||Shared||Shared|
|6||Airport/bus terminal Shuttle service||Private||Private||×|
|7||Hotel at KTM/Pokhara||5 Star||Standard||×|
|8||Food on trek(BLD)||Unlimited Meal||3 Meal||×|
|9||Desert||From Menu||Fresh Fruit||×|
|12||Company Cap & T-shirt||√||√||×|
|13||Dawn Jacket & Sleeping – bag to be returned||√||√||×|
|14||Hard drink||Local Brand||×||×|
|15||Warm up hike||√||×||×|
|17||Buffer day for trek||√||×||×|
|18||Food in the city||×||×||×|
Note – Minimum people in group must be 02 so as to apply above price range.
Helambu is a Sherpa village with pristine beauty of nature conserved and not spoiled by tourist, by so far. Culture, tradition of the local village and the nature along the Shivapuri and part of Langtang national park can be observed in Helambu trek.
It is a short trek for any kind of easy adventure trekking trip in Nepal.
Major attraction of Helambu Trekking
- Exploration of culture and tradition of local Villages
- Tarke Ghyang & Sermathang (2,610m), high altitude villages
- Exploration of flora and fauna inside Shivapuri national park
- Jungle trek and village trek with the view of wide mountain ranges
- Sightseeing Kathmandu Valley, rich in art, culture and artifacts