Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek is among the wonderful Himalayan trail. Kanchenjunga (8586 m) is the third highest peak in the world. Kanchenjunga also known as the “Five Treasure Of The Great Snow” which means Gold, Silver, Precious Stone, Grain, And Holy Scripture. Kanchenjunga is situated in north east Nepal and is bordered by India
The Arun valley, one of Nepal’s most gorgeous hiking locales, is explored on the trip to Kanchenjunga Base Camp. Various plants and animals can be found in the area, including the Himalayan black bear, musk deer, snow leopard, red panda, and many more species of wildlife.
The Kanchenjunga region is inhabited by a mixed community of Sherpa, Rai, Limbu, and Gurung, which provides an opportunity for trekkers to understand their culture and lifestyle.
Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek is for hikers with a spirit of adventure, a desire to discover pathways less taken, and the resolve and fitness to take on the difficulties of a physically challenging route through one of Nepal’s most remote regions.
Table of Contents
Why we choose Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek other not?
We choose Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek because we get to see most beautiful and attractive Himalayan scenery. You will witness the best views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Kanchenjunga, and JahnuHimal. Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek is a remote area for trekking. It is completely isolated, beautiful, and undamaged from the outer world. Few tourists make the trip to this location despite its stunning natural magnificence. Because of the trail’s full isolation due to limited traveler traffic, a guide is required to explore its remoteness.
There are 250 different bird species there, such as the Fulvetta, Snow Cock, Ashy Drongo, and Impeyan Pheasant. A few species of fauna, including the Red Panda and the Snow Leopard, are also found there. There are 30 rhododendrons, 69 orchids, and numerous other plant species there, including lilies and primula.
The government has established a requirement that each journey to Kanchenjunga base camp include a minimum of two people due to the restricted nature of Nepal’s magnificent Himalayas. Traveling in groups is a good option if you want to have endless entertainment along the road.This trekking is waiting for those who enjoy traveling in groups and exchanging travel memories and experiences with one another.
You experience a higher sense of happiness when you look at the snow-covered mountains and capture those sights in photos and videos. The journey to Kanchenjunga base camp is the only option that is ideal for this use. It could be challenging to get to the precise location from which one can see the peaks well. This trip is one to remember for a lifetime because of the up-close views of the himalayas Lhotse (8,516m), Everest (8,848m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), Makalu (8,481m), etc.
The Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek allows you to explore the Adventure numerous lovely valleys nestled in the midst of the Himalayas and high peaks, in addition to the rich culture and tall mountains. The prominent tourist destinations of Kanchenjunga include the Tamor Valley, Ghunsa, Ramche, Lhonak, and Khambachen, among others. By traveling through each of these valleys on your pathways, you will arrive at the Kanchenjunga base camp.
You will pass by numerous tiny rivers along the trip, including the Tamur, Ghunsa, Simbuwa, and Walungchungrivers.
Kanchenjunga Basecamp Trek Outline Itinerary 17 days
- Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapurand drive to phidim(700) 1 hour flight and 8-10 hours drive.
- : Day 02: Drive to Tapthok(1300 m)from phidim -12 hours drive.
- : Day 03:Trek to Amjilosa (2310 m)6- 7 hour.
- : Day 04: Trek to Fale (3430 m)8-9 hours.
- : Day 05: Trek to Gunsa (3595 m) 2 hour trek acclimatize and walk around the village.
- : Day 06: Trek to khambachen (4050 m) 6 hours.
- : Day 07: Trek to Lhonak (4780 m) 6 hours.
- : Day 08: Trek to Kanchenjunga base camp (5140 m) and back to Khambchen.
- : Day 09: Trek to Ghunsa (3595 m) 5-6 hours.
- : Day 10: Trek to Sele la Kharka (4200 m) 7 hours.
- : Day 11:Trek over sele le pass – trek down to Tseram (3870m).
- : Day 12:Trek to Oktang Base camp (4700m) 7 hours.
- : Day 13: Trek to Torongden (3000 m) 6hours.
- : Day 14: Trek to Sherpa gaun (2200 m) 7 hours.
- : Day 15: Trek to Khebang (1800 m) 6 hours.
- : Day 16: Drive to Phedim –Birtamod Overnight at Birtamod 8-10 hours.
- : Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu.
This is the shortest we can do.
There are no regular flight to suketar& back to ktm so this well be best option for this trip.
Are you looking for other Adventure activities ?
Adventure Nepalgram have lots of package. you can see here