- 1 to 8
- 5545 meter/18188 feet
- Somewhat Active
- Autumn (March to May) & Autumn (Aug to Nov)
- In Person
- Trek & Sightseeing
Seasons from March to May and from September to December are recommended as best, but Everest Base Camp trekking can be done throughout the year. Hidden valley to Khunde & Khumjung villages, Manni walls and Stupas, and especially Mt. Amadablam along the trail will be some of the many intresting subjects to talk about with your guide.
Major mountains of Everest trekking
You will see 100s’ of mountains during the Everest Base Camp Trek, and Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lotse, Mt. Changaste, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Kangtega, Mt. KusumKangeru, Mt. Thamsherku, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Chumbu, Mt. Lobuche, Mt. Taboche, and Mt. Cholatse are commonly pointed out and named by your guide.
Culture and Major festival in Everest region
Picture: Monks demonstrating the dance in Mani Rimdu festival
As the trail passes through the legendary sherpa villages, you will be indulging the cultural and the spritual experience. The typical sherpa culture and their lifestyle in the harsh condition in such high altitude can be a life lesson to observe. If you are lucky to be in Tengboche on the October’s full moon, you will also be able to observe the Mani Rimdu festival. The festival continues for three days in Tengboche monastery – the largest monastery of the Khumbu region. During the festival the monks perform Buddhist dance drama.
Flora and fauna
Most of the trail in the Everest base camp trek is located inside the Sagarmatha National Park. The park of
Picture: Rare Red Panda lying on the branch.
the sacred Himalayas listed in the UNESCO natural world heritage site since 1979 is rich in flora and fauna with the rarest biodiversity and 8 peaks over 7000 meters including the top of the world Mt. Everest, deep valleys, glaciers, and the unique sherpa culture. The park covering 124400 hectars area is a shelter for wild Yaks, himalayan thar, Musk deer, Golden sack, gray wolf, himalayan pikka and also has preserved several rare animals such as snow leopard and red panda.
If you want to customize you Trip let us know.
Completely organised Everest basecamp trekking helps you to get best out of your Nepal Travel. From your arrival to the departure, Nepalgram takes whole responsibility for your Nepal holiday.
Sign up Everest base camp trip for stress free holiday trip in Nepal.
Attractions of Everest Base camp Trekking Tour
- An introductory tour of Nepal with UNESCO heritage tour in Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Everest Base Camp and Khumbu ice fall very near
- Namche Bazzar and Sagarmatha National Park Museum
- Scenic mountain Flight to Lukla
- Tengboche & Pangboche monastery and attending regular ceremony at Tengboche
- Close look at Khumbu Ice fall, Hillary step and the South col
- Thukla Pass & the 100s’ of memorials of people who died in Everest, including Rob Hall & Scott Fischer
- Acclimatization hikes at Namche to Khumjung and Everest view hotel, and Dingboche to Nangkarsang peak
- Bird's Eye view of EBC and wide glaciers from the top of Kalapatthar 5545 meters above sea level