Rara Lake Trek an intro..
One of the largest lake rara lake is situated in Nepal with 5km length and 3 km wide at the altitude of 2995m. This Rara Lake Trek is into the wilderness of Rara National park. Rara national park is smallest National park of Nepal, where rara lake itself is a biggest lake of Nepal. Around the lake there are settlement of locals, during the trekking rara lake, we will pass through those villages. The depth of Rara Lake at around 200m gives deep blue color on sight.
Why Rara Lake Trek?
If you are looking for non crowded trekking in stunning Himalaya this can be your wise selection. Rara lake is located in the remote Himalaya of Karnali in Nepal, simple but hard life and beautiful nature of the region is extraordinary. Rara Lake Trek explores: Musk deer, Leopard cat, Ghoral, Tahr, gray wolf, Himalayan black bear, snow leopard and the rare red panda which are all native of this area. Rara lake itself is really wide and lengthy to prove itself a biggest lake. As Rara Lake Trekking trail offers sight of 300 different type of bird species, it is regarded as one of the peaceful place for bird watching. Reflection of the surrounding mountains on the Rara lake is another awesome picture you can screen.
Apart from the natural scenery, Rara lake trekking is combined with the culture and antique tradition of Himalayan people. Their warm well come to trekkers is another stunning practice among locals. And the reflection of the surrounding Himalaya by this deep lake is most attractive part being at Rara.
Below is the suggested itinerary for rara lake trekking, but this can be customized as per your necessity and requirement in Himalaya.
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuwan international airport (1380m) company representative will assist you and transfer to hotel. Welcome to Nepal. Our representative will receive you at the airport and assist you to check in to hotel, please look for Nepalgram hording board. S/he will tell you the time and venue for the Rara lake trekking meet up.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guide in A/C car, Pre-trip meeting and official arrangement
Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla airport and short hike to Uthugaon.
Day 05: Uthugaon to Danphe Lagna(3130m)
Day 06: Danphe Lagna to Chautha (2770m).
Day 07: Chautha to Dhotu (2380m).
Day 08: Dhotu to Rara lake (3040m).
Day 09: Rest, acclimatize, explore and relax at Rara Lake.
Day 10: Rara Lake to Ghorasingha (3190m).
Day 11: Ghorasingha to Sinja (2440m).
Day 12: Sinja to Jaljala (3270m).
Day 13: Jaljala to Jumla
Day 14: Fly Jumla -Nepalgunj -kathmandu.
Day 15: Rest at Thaemel and shopping on your own.
Day 16: Our vehicle will drop you to Tribhuwan international airport for onward destination.
Cost of Rara Lake Trek
Compare price Plan
Note - Price displayed is for one person, Saying that, more people makes the price low.
Rara Lake Trek Cost includes:
- • Airport pickup and drop by private car or micro bus (depending on group Size).
- • Standard Hotel in Kathmandu (according to the itinerary), B/B (bed and breakfast)
- • All your meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All accommodations during the trek.
- • All necessary paper works (ACAP) entry permit& Trekker`s information management system (Tims).
- • Fluent English speaking and trained, Government license holder guide including all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance during the trekking.
- • A Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people), if u need.
- • Medical supplies (first aid kit).
- • All government taxes and office expenses.
- • Spiritual Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu in A/C Car.
Rara Lake Trek Cost Exclude:
- • Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- • Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at International Airport - Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos and $40 dollar.
- • Your Travel and medical insurance.
- • International airfare.
- • All the alcoholic and non alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- • Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- • Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee.
Reserve your seat in Rara Lake Trekking - Nepalgram Special Trek
Please send us an inquiry for the available dates.
You might also be interested in
- Activity ⇒ Trek/Walk
- Activity Level ⇒Exceptional
- Accommodation ⇒Teahouse/Lodge
- Group Size ⇒2 to 5
- Service level ⇒Basic
- Trip Code ⇒ABCT14
- Travel Style ⇒ Guided Tour
- Max Altitude ⇒4130 m
Customize this Trip