Makalu Base Camp trek (5250 m) is a real adventure and one of the most virgin trails in Nepal. People in the area are really living in harmony although they are from different casts like Sherpa, Tamang and Chhetri, dominantly, though other cast people are also living in the area. To see their culture and tradition, witnessing festivals and rituals is another interesting aspect of this base camp trek.
Peoples in the region are generous and very kind, and the surrounding nature is very beautiful. To explore Arun River and many other minor tributaries along the path is refreshing and creates a distinct memory in the mind of trekker. Mt. Makalu (8463m), the fifth highest peak in the world, Mt. Chamlang (7319 m) and Mt. Baruntse (7129m) and many other unnamed Himalayan peaks are catching your eye on this trekking trail. Looking at those towering snow capped mountains from the Valley of Barun and Arun River Valley is the scouring moments of this trek. Another attraction is Makalu Barun National Park from which we pinch our trail to the Makalu base camp. Ma means I and Kalu means calling somebody in lovely tone, so Makalu is one of the prettiest destinations among all of the base camp treks.
Please contact us for a detailed itinerary of your holiday.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu international airport, where our company representative will meet you and assist you to transfer to your hotel. Tonight or the next morning (depending on your arrival time) you will be briefed about the Makalu Base Camp Trek by your guide.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu city sightseeing with guide in A/C car.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Tumlingtar, then Drive to Khandbari. (OPTION: DIRECT 19 HRS DRIVE TO HILE)
Day 04: Drive from Khandbari to Chichila and trek to Num.
Day 05: Trek Num to Sedua.
Day 06: Trek Sedua to Tashigaoun.
Day 07: Trek Tashigaoun to Khongma.
Day 08: Trek Khongma to Mumbuk.
Day 09: Trek Mumbuk to Yangle Kharka.
Day 10: Trek Yangle Kharka to Yak kharka.
Day 11: Trek Yak kharka to Makalu base camp
Day 12: Explore Makalu Base Camp & trek back to Yangle kharka.
Day 13: Trek back to Mumbuk.
Day 14: Trek back to Khongma.
Day 15: Trek back to Seduwa.
Day 16: Trek back to Num.
Day 17: Trek back to Chichila
Day 18: Drive from Chichila – Tumlingtar.
Day 19: Fly back Tumlingtar – Kathmandu.
Day 20: Rest, shopping and freetime in Thamel, Kathmandu.
Day 21: Our vehicle will drive you to Tribhuvan international airport for your final departure to home.
Cost of Makalu Base camp Trek
Compare price Plan
Note - Price displayed is for one person, Saying that, more people makes the price low.
Makalu Base camp trek Cost Includes:
- Airport pickup and drop by private car or micro bus (depending on group Size).
- Standard Hotel in Kathmandu (according to the itinerary), B/B (bed and breakfast)
- All your meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- All accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary paper works, entry permit & Trekker`s information management system (Tims).
- Fluent English speaking and trained, Government licensed guide including all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance during the trekking.
- Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people), if you need.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit).
- All government taxes and office expenses.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu in A/C Car.
- Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee.
Makalu Base camp trek Cost Excludes:
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at International Airport - Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos and $50 dollar.
- Your travel and medical insurance.
- International airfare.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
Reserve your seat in Makalu Base Camp Trekking package
Please send us an inquiry for the available dates.
You might also be interested in
- Activity ⇒ Trek/Walk
- Activity Level ⇒Exceptional
- Accommodation ⇒Teahouse/Lodge
- Group Size ⇒2 to 5
- Service level ⇒Basic
- Trip Code ⇒ABCT14
- Travel Style ⇒ Guided Tour
- Max Altitude ⇒4130 m
Customize this Trip
Customize this Trip
Submit your review
Our office team of 7 went to Makalu Base Camp on March 22 2019. Arun from Nepal Gram organised out trek so well that there is no room for complain. The trek was a remarkable journey on the mountains. I found Barun Valley as a most pristine place on Earth.