For those who would like to go to Tibet but don’t have access to that, lower Dolpo in Nepal Himalaya is a perfect destination with resemblance of Tibetan culture and tradition. Local people doing their daily chores and herds of sheep coming back home from the pastures in the evenigns creates a nice combination. Renown land of the Bon-Po faith, Dolpo is one of the famous trekking trails in Nepal Himalaya. Similar to the western part of Tibet, this part of Nepal has a different Buddhist culture than you've seen before. Once you visit Dolpo, you will see the people worshiping God from the left side: when they rotate prayer wheels they do it left, when shrine of the Monastery is placed, it is on the left. This is an extremely different Buddhist practice in the Birth country of Buddha. Dolpo people have their own lifestyle, culture and tradition, hence way of worshiping Buddha is also different and unique to the region. In addition to the culture and people, the panoramic landscape of Dolpo will give you lot to marvel about.
If you are trekking during May/June, the crowd of people walking uphill will amaze you. During this season the people in Dolpo and people from the other parts of Nepal will gather to this area to collect Yarsa Gumba. Yarsa Gumba is one of the famous herbs found in this region. The cost of Yarsa Gumba and the crowds collecting it will answer to your question of how important is this Yarsa Gumba? Numa-La and Baga-La are major passes of this region with Mt.Kannjiroba and Phoksundo Lake inside Phoksundo National Park.
We believe one important aspect of travelling is gathering experiences with people, so along with exploring the natural beauty of Dolpo, we help you to see and learn about the local culture. How they work and eat and sit? We have special guides with social relation, which means your trek will add more to your travelling experience here with us. A fun fact about Dolpo: this place is a hidden valley of Nepal where Oscar nominated film "CARAVAN" was filmed. It’s an awesome hidden treasure in Nepal, and now it’s your turn to explore it.
Day 01: Arrive to Tribhuwan international airport & our company representative will assist you to transfer to your hotel
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Fly to Juphal & short hike to Dunai.
Day 05: Trek starts from Dunai to Tarakot. While walking on different terrain of land, looking at natural formation of pristine landscape will certainly make your day worthy. From today till the last day of the trekking you will explore villages, stay at the local owned tea houses. There will be a menu at every eating place from which you can choose your lunch, dinner and breakfast (included if you buy our normal package). You will be following your trekking guide, who helps you with everythig from choosing food to sleeping warm. You are free to decide on your own but listening to your guide's recommendation is always wise. Your porter will be carrying your luggage, you only need to carry a small day-pack with drinking water, camera, sun screen and other stuff you will need during the day's trek. Do not worry about anything while traveling with Nepalgram Adventure, but remember to eat plenty and stay hydrated.
Day 06: Trekking starts from Tarakot to Laini.
Day 07: Trek to Nawarpani.
Day 08: From Nawarpani to Dho Tarap.
Day 09: Acclimatization day at Dho Tarap. Today is rest day.
Day 10: Trekking to Numla phedi.
Day 11: Trek to Numala pass base.
Day 12: Trek to Pelung Tang via Numa La pass.
Day 13: Trek Dajok Tang via Baga La Pass.
Day 14: Trekking to Ringmo.
Day 15: Rest day & Day hike to Phoksundo Lake.
Day 16: Ringmo to Chepka.
Day 17: Trek back to Jhupal. Today the trekking ends, generally trekkers celebrate the day in a team with guides, reflecting and sharing the experience of the trekking. This probably will be your last day in the mountains for this trip.
Day 18: Connect flight to Nepalgunj & then to Kathmandu.
Day 19: Guided Shopping and rest day at Kathmandu / spare day.
Day 20: Drop to airport by our vehicle, for your onward destination.
Cost of Lower Dolpo Trek
Compare price Plan
Note - Price displayed is for one person, Saying that, more people makes the price low.
- Airport pickup and drop off by private car or micro bus (depending on group Size).
- Flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung & Nepaljung to Jupal; back and forth.
- 4 nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu (according to the itinerary), B/B (bed and breakfast)
- All your meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary paperworks entry permit & Trekker`s information management system (Tims) & local permit fees.
- Fluent English speaking and trained, Government licensed guide including all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance during the trekking.
- A Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people), if you need.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit) with oxy-meter to check your oxygen saturation level everyday.
- All government taxes and office expenses.
- Spiritual sites guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu in A/C Car.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at International Airport - Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos and $50 dollar.
- Your Travel and medical insurance, we will help you for the emergency evacuation, if needed.
- International airfare.
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic hot and cold drinks.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee.
Reserve your spot for Lower Dolpo Trekking 20 Days
Please send us an inquiry for the available dates.
You might also be interested in
- Activity ⇒ Trek/Walk
- Activity Level ⇒Exceptional
- Accommodation ⇒Teahouse/Lodge
- Group Size ⇒2 to 5
- Service level ⇒Basic
- Trip Code ⇒ABCT14
- Travel Style ⇒ Guided Tour
- Max Altitude ⇒4130 m
Customize this Trip
Customize this Trip