On the lap of the Mt.Numbur Chuli a small but architectural glacial lake of Dudh (milk) kunda (pond) is located. This trail leads to the same region with different details of the Everest trekking trail in Nepal Himalaya. One of the unexplored destination Dudh kunda trail is dominated with Sherpa, Tamang, Rai, Chhetri and many more.
Chettri are known as the brave folks Gurkhas in Anglo – Nepal War, whereas Rai and Tamang and Sherpas are famous as Gurkha’s in British, Singapore, HongKong security forces and Indian Army force. This milky pond is holy place for both Hindu and Buddhist. One of the; off - the – beaten trail of Nepal Himalaya, near to Everest, this trail offers trekkers a peace in nature less people and charming peoples. This trekking trail gives clear picture of Mt. Numbur chulli and other several unnamed and named Himalayan range. You will see Numbur peak on your arrival at Phaplu, a stunning white mountain in the middle of the mountain range you see in the north.
Dhudh Kunda or Milk pond in English, is located in the peace zone of Nepal Himalaya in the Lower Everest region with huge varieties in flora and fauna, this trail is virgin trail of Nepal, and thus it is not much crowded. If you are interested to explore new trails of Nepal Himalaya with New tradition and culture with solitude in trekking; this could be a ideal one for you. Apart from Mt.Numbur Himal trekkers will get glace of Khumbu Himalaya range including Everest and many more. Rhododendrons forest with many wild animals makes trekkers more interesting. To explore this trail we have suggested itinerary as below, but the trail can be connected from Jiri, Phaplu or Luckla as well. It is possible to start trek either from historic route of Jiri Bazzar or from Tenjing Hillary Airport (one of the most dangerous airport of the world) at Luckla or from Phaplu airport.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu international airport, our company representative will assist you to transfer to your hotel.Tonight Dudh kunda trekking briefing by your guide.
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu and trekking to Ringmo.
From today till the last day of the trekking you will explore village, stay at the local owned tea houses. There will be menu at every eating places from which you will be choosing your lunch dinner and breakfast, which is included if you buy our normal package.
You will be following trekking guide, who helps you from choosing food to sleeping warm. You are free to decide on your own but listening to your guide is always wise. Your porter will be carrying your luggage where you need to carry a small bag-pack with drinking water, camera, sun screen and your daily usable stuff.
Do not worry while traveling with Nepalgram Adventure, but do not forget to eat more and drink enough.
Day 03: Hike from Ringmo to Sarsar Beni
Day 04: Trekking from Sarsar Beni to Dudh Kunda (4560m), back to Sarsar Beni
Day 05: Trek from Sarsar Beni to Junbesi
Day 06: Trek from Junbesi to Phaplu
Today the trekking ends, generally trekkers celebrate the day in a team, share the experience during the trekking. This day will bring guest and guides closer in a celebration vibe. This probably will be the last day in your mountain for this trip.
Day 07: Fly from Phaplu to Kathmandu international airport, Hotel (B/B)
Day 08: We will drop you to TIA for your final departure.
Our itinerary and package are sample to guide your holiday plan, always feel free to ask us for the proper planning of your holiday, provide your expectation and matter of interest.
Cost of Dudh Kunda Trek
Compare price Plan
Note - Price displayed is for one person, Saying that, more people makes the price low.
Dudh Kunda Trek cost Include:
- • Domestic flights for Phaplu Kathmandu
- • Airport pickup and drop by private car for domestic and international flights as in the itinerary.
- • Two nights Standard Hotel in Pokhara B/B (bed and breakfast)
- • Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trekking and fresh fruits every night after dinner.
- • All accommodations during the trek.
- • All necessary paper works, entry permit & Sagarmatha national park entrance fee.
- • Fluent English speaking and trained, Government license holder guide including all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance during the trekking and tour.
- • A helpful porter with proper equipment (one porter for two people).
- • Medical supplies (first aid kit) with regular oxygen saturation check up
- • All government taxes and office expenses.
Dudh Kunda Trek cost Exclude:
- • Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at International Airport – Kathmandu). You need 2 passport size photos and $50 dollar.
- • Your Travel and medical insurance for emergency, we assist you for the arrangement
- • All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks.• Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
Reserve your seat in Dudh Kunda Trekking
Please send us an inquiry for the available dates.
You might also be interested in
- Activity ⇒ Trek/Walk
- Activity Level ⇒Exceptional
- Accommodation ⇒Teahouse/Lodge
- Group Size ⇒2 to 5
- Service level ⇒Basic
- Trip Code ⇒ABCT14
- Travel Style ⇒ Guided Tour
- Max Altitude ⇒4130 m
Customize this Trip
Customize this Trip